Budget Plasma Cutter Suggestions

SoopaHick

Certified Weld Judger
I have a welding job coming up that I'll need to be making a lot of cuts on 1/4" steel. So I'm in the market for a Budget Plasma cutter to make this job a lot easier.

Anyone have any suggestions? If we could stay in the $200ish range that'd be great.

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
I don't believe there's any $200 plasma unit on the market that has pilot arc which in my opinion makes that range a non-starter.

I had a cheap Everlast unit a decade ago without that function and swore off cheap equipment primarily for that exact reason.
It ate up consumables at such a rate that it nearly surpassed the difference in spending more money.

SoopaHick

Certified Weld Judger
This doesn't answer your question... But... Do you know the quantity and dimensions of the parts you'll be cutting in advance? And if so... could you have them pre-cut for the same $200?
It's more of a "Could I use the profit of this job to obtain a new tool." I'm already going to need to purchase a new welder to do this one and may be stretching it thin to get a Cutter as well. Just seeing what the options are.
I'll probably just end up borrowing somebody's Plasma Cutter or finding somewhere that'll let me use their shear. My work is very aggressive about the whole "can't use company equipment for personal profit." Some weird thing they keep calling "liability." I don't get it...

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I've had a super cheap plasma cutter for a long time, probably the same as Carl's parker, I can't remember. I much preferred cutting with oxy/acet over that POS plasma cutter.

Pile of parts

I love the description in the "About this item."

Maybe I'm profiling, but I'm guessing Chinese. 🤣

• ✤ Very good to cut car flame, Clean cutting thickness 6mm Max cutting thickness 10mm,Machine only work in 110V not 220V, Please confirm the voltage before buying this machine. Machine maybe explode if connect it to 220V, Be careful~!