Buggy insurance and full-size ATV registration

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
Sooooooo I know there are threads about this but rather than dig them up and post on the last of many pages I thought it would be okay to post a new one...
A few years back I assigned a new VIN to my Jeep buggy thingy and it was titled as an OHV. The DMV put “Jeep Cherokee OHV” on the title and my insurance company hates it and will not insure it so question 1 is:
For those of you that have insurance on a buggy registered as an OHV, how is it titled and what insurance company do you use?
I’d like to get that sorted out first and foremost and get it insured.
Second question is:
Is there anything I should do in preparation to register it as a full-size ATV and get it street legal?
I’d like to go that route eventually and be able to drive to the trailhead and maybe to Walmart occasionally etc etc.

Thanks for your help!

AaronPaige

I’m no help here, but I will be watching, my childhood friends family owns a insurance company and so I have never looked out side there company for coverage but, a few years back I also wanted insurance on my buggy(mostly liability and replacement in case of House fire or theft) but with all the trouble it took to get a assumed value and use I lost interest...

NYCEGUY01

State Farm gave me a quote on my buggy ( OHV registered ).
It was like 3,000 a year though.

On my wife's RZR it ended up being like $350/year.

One of them got insured...

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
State Farm gave me a quote on my buggy ( OHV registered ).
It was like 3,000 a year though.

On my wife's RZR it ended up being like $350/year.

One of them got insured...

Full coverage? I’m really just looking for liability in case I ever slide backwards into another rig or roll onto somebody by accident. I’m not worried about my rig at all ;)

bamacpl

Mine is a full size atv.
My title says Jeep Wrangler full size atv. I have geico & pay about $600 a year

Last edited:

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Bumping this. I just got Progressive to insure (liability only, I don't need full coverage for the buggy) for just over $180 / 6 months. Not bad for peace of mind driving from trail to trail or (God forbid) something happens to somebody else on the trail from my buggy.

kgb

Had Progressive until they realized what it was even though I told them from the start. They dropped me like a hot potato.

rocmoc

I have had Geico for a couple of years now with full coverage on a street legal Arctic Cat WildCat X SxS and PL&PD on two street legal dirt bikes. You can drive anything on the streets of AZ with lights, dot tires & insurance. Paying $248 for year coverage.

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico