General Tech Buggy wiring and switches

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
I'm in the process of designing and sourcing parts for all new wiring for Britney the CJ5. Her electrical is older than many RME members and it's time to replace it.

I want to simplify the wiring and switches/controls like a buggy would have. The column wiring will all be removed and mounted at the dash/console.

Please share your favorite switches, controls, and mounting ideas in this thread.

Here's the main harness I want to use:

Headlight/signal/horn combo switch:

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
Here are some sites I found helpful for wiring parts each of the 5 times I wired my LS swap :rofl:

Switches

These guys have tons of harness straps and means to secure wiring to a chassis.

Lots of everything from wire to connectors to switches here

Tons of great info on weatherpack connectors with detail on which pins in this thread.
tacomaworld.com/threads/diy-build-and-install-a-bussmann-rtmr-fuse-relay-block.399454/

spaggyroe

Man Flu Survivor
If you want to use generic style toggle switches for anything, check out the sealed ones from Carling. You can get them from waytek. I've never had one of those fail on me.

Also, (a little off subject) but GOOD crimpers have made my electrical junk much more reliable.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
If you want to use generic style toggle switches for anything, check out the sealed ones from Carling. You can get them from waytek. I've never had one of those fail on me.

Also, (a little off subject) but GOOD crimpers have made my electrical junk much more reliable.
I've got a pretty decent crimper.

Weather resistant is something I should have mentioned.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
I'm in the process of designing and sourcing parts for all new wiring for Britney the CJ5. Her electrical is older than many RME members and it's time to replace it.

I want to simplify the wiring and switches/controls like a buggy would have. The column wiring will all be removed and mounted at the dash/console.

Please share your favorite switches, controls, and mounting ideas in this thread.

Universal wiring kit like that should be a fair start--but one of these might save you some bucks: https://swperformanceparts.com/product-category/shop-all/electrical/universal-wiring-kits/

1969honda

Supporting Member
Look into Duestch connectors as mentioned, they are a little more money than weatherpak but they seem to hold up a lot better and are a much smaller profile for the same number of pins and wire gauge. Their connectors are pretty much the industry standard in HD equipment for their weather resistance.

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for this switch? Thanks

jpndave

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for this switch? Thanks

BX1860 manual page 276 here:

I am looking at bringing one of these in for a Can-Am SxS I am making street legal as it covers the bases better. Only place I have found stock with the right options. This one allows park lights and park w/low or high beam. Hazards would go to a seperate dash switch. The other Kubota one could be made to do that with a combination of relays and creative wiring but the Carling will likely be better quality/waterproofed and does it as is.

Out of stock

Last edited: