Building a Bobber.

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
So I rode it around for one day and decided I don't really like the stock gold wheels.

Here I go.

Prep for wheels is pretty involved if you want the paint to stick. I'm using a VHT epoxy that is pretty tough but flexible to avoid rock chips.

I taped off a nice lip for an accent and because when you change a tire you scrape the lip up.

Thoughts? Opinions?

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Looks real good Stratton, much better than what you started with. To me, it looks like it needs a set of drag bars... something straight and narrow.

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
Looks real good Stratton, much better than what you started with. To me, it looks like it needs a set of drag bars... something straight and narrow.

Thanks Greg.
Hmmm... I've got a spare set of 7/8" moto bars I could cut narrower and try it, I think it would make me lean pretty far forward though,
so for now I think I'll just ride it. I only had 14 miles on it (& a couple burnouts) before I tore it down.

I had to try REALLY really hard not slap moto stuff on it everywhere- jack it up tall and put knobby's on it and make it into a dirt bobber.
That will have to be for another build!

Nice looking project. I'll bet it's a fun one too.

Mike

Thanks Mike. I need to put some miles on it. Too bad it's raining so much- I'm itching to get out of town!

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
SOLD! I kinda miss this already. It was a riot, not particularly fast but comfy and smooth as silk on the road. I got a lot of looks for a how little I had into it.

Maybe I'll do another come spring.