Building a TIG cart

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member
those had not escaped my attention :),
I want to get these done sooner rather than later so I'm going to give it a try tonight and will report

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member
all the hangers and power cord brackets are fabbed and 1st coat painted. Final version should be up by the end of the weekend. sorry for the run-on thread.

Oh yeah, I still want to re-shoot how I trued up the legs...

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member
all put together now.

I keep the cart to my right as I weld so I put the filler rod tube holders and the torch cable holder on the left side of the machine.
I have tubes of 1/16 and 3/32 steel, aluminum, stainless, and alu/bronze and load up whatever I'm welding at the time.
The torch cable holder has an integrated bracket to safely hold the torch with it's fragile cup and back cap.

20180209_175715.jpg

The right side has the socket end of the extension cord that the welder plugs into and a hanger for the cord
20180209_175704.jpg

for now, the foot pedal is in the lower drawer. I may make a holder for it later.
Hope you folks enjoyed the build, I sure did :).

Last edited:

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member
updated the drawing.
Made the shelf plates one-piece that sit on the frame.
Made the cart 2" taller to allow the top drawer to clear your fingers if you hold the handle while you open the drawer.
I took the filler tube holder off since it was a long reach when in use and made a holder for the foot pedal (not in the drawing)

Attachments

• tig cart.skp
    665.9 KB · Views: 1

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member
i had some rear wheels like that and they did not roll well under the weight of my cylinder. but they were HF wheels

You were spot on here. I've been searching for replacements and found what I want on Amazon for a screaming deal, but they only have 1, grrrrr.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004071T2M/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

I may have to drag out the ring roller and make my own.

I do have a couple brake rotors from a Toyota Corolla sitting around, maybe I can use them.

Last edited: