Jeep Building the RockyMountainExtreme.com Jeep Wrangler

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
I had to follow this jeep ALL DAY, what a piece of....... Nice Machine!!!!

The smile on Greg's face could be seen for miles!

He did good.

RockChucker

that turned out super sweet greg! just in time for the nice weather in moab since it is finally warming up! are we going to see this at the tera jeep show?

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
This rig means business... This ledge gave a bit of a challenge to front/rear locked rigs... Greg walked up it effortlessly with no front locker...

I was lucky enough to snag a seat on the fuel cell from time to time... thanks again Greg and Catherine! It was fun to witness it's maiden crawl.. Where better than BFE?

100_1431.jpg

100_1432.jpg

[YOUTUBE]Mw0FgLP9rzU[/YOUTUBE]

I've got loads more pics and video of all that were on the trails with us Sunday... But I really don't want to upload them right now ;)

-Jason

Last edited:

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Thanks for the kind words everyone! You guys are right about the smile, I'm going to have a perma-grin on my face for at least the next week. No better place to test out a newly built rig than Area BFE! We hit the new trail at BFE, LockJaw... the first big obstacle was a massive ledge, that was already on a steep incline. I tired to crawl it in 1st gear, but without being locked in the front I needed a bit of momentum. I backed up a bit, put the tranny in 2nd gear and hit it. The Wrangler bounced and clawed its way up the ledge and I had the momentary thought that I should back off the throttle before I break something (old habits die hard)... then I remembered how this thing was build... I stayed in the throttle and went the rest of the way up! That's when the grinning started. :greg:

We ran LockJaw, Green Day and did some other playing around Area BFE, then took Strike Ravine back out. On Sunday we ran the Pickle. Helluva test for a rig that was just built with all different/new parts!

This Jeep is amazing, even with the front axle not being locked up, it went just about anywhere I'd point it. I'm going to chalk that up to a flexy suspension and the amazing Maxxis tires. Hopefully I'll get the parts to get the ARB going within the next week.

Here's the vehicle specs.-
  • 6' 4" from the ground to the top of the roll cage. (I'm 6'4" tall!!)
  • 104" wheel base.
  • 18" from the ground to the lowest point on skidplate, about 20" to the frame.
  • 12" from the ground to bottom of diffs, with tires aired down to 4 PSI.
  • Total running/driving weight; 4100 pounds, w/o tools, spares, etc.

I have to say thanks to everyone that helped out with this build, from all the people that I bought parts from to the shops that helped me put together the Jeep that I've been dreaming about! These folks were kind enough to listen to my ideas, make suggestions as to what was best and take some ideas into their own hands! :hickey:

Thanks to;

• Everyone at TeraFlex Mfg and TeraFlex Plus
  • Dan DuBose at Blue Torch Fab
  • All the guys at Ben Hanks Racing
  • Ben at Alliance Metal Works
  • Justin from Aero Exhaust
  • Craig Stumph
  • Mike at Summit Machine

I'll continue to update this thread as the Jeep changes.

Greg

Admin
We hit the new trail at BFE, LockJaw... the first big obstacle was a massive ledge, that was already on a steep incline. I tired to crawl it in 1st gear, but without being locked in the front I needed a bit of momentum. I backed up a bit, put the tranny in 2nd gear and hit it. The Wrangler bounced and clawed its way up the ledge and I had the momentary thought that I should back off the throttle before I break something (old habits die hard)... then I remembered how this thing was build... I stayed in the throttle and went the rest of the way up! That's when the grinning started. :greg:

Here's a picture of the large ledge, climbing up the hill. Then some pics me beating the TJ on it's way up.-

GEDC0080+_Medium_.JPG

GEDC0085+_Medium_.JPG

GEDC0086+_Medium_.JPG

Bart

Looks great Greg, and it's really making me miss my TJ. I loved the cage work and front fenders that BHR (Kyle) did. Totally awesome.

Greg

Admin
Stance looks good, how did you get it down so low? Awesome that you got to wheel it. Mine is just about done too.

Minimal lift, lots of sheetmetal removal and huge tires. :greg:

Thanks again for the kind comments everyone, and thanks for putting up with the slow updates and the year-long, 30 page build thread. :p

Coco

:tara: LOVE IT GREG!!!! :tara: So, what is the scoop about paint and stuff?!?

I took my jeep out yesterday for its maiden voyage, with me behind the wheel!!! :greg: just ran rattle snake the guy I was with was not equipped for constrictor. I am going out again this weekend so I am running both trails, me my dad, and a couple friends!!! I will get pics, and maybe vid!

Greg

Admin
:tara: LOVE IT GREG!!!! :tara: So, what is the scoop about paint and stuff?!?

I took my jeep out yesterday for its maiden voyage, with me behind the wheel!!! :greg: just ran rattle snake the guy I was with was not equipped for constrictor. I am going out again this weekend so I am running both trails, me my dad, and a couple friends!!! I will get pics, and maybe vid!

I'm going to wheel it for awhile before worrying about the paint. For now, I'll get the bare steel covered and finish up some other small things. Paint and some RME graphics will probably come around the end of summer.

Congrats on getting your TJ out on the trail! Post a trip report up when you get back.

Coco

I'm going to wheel it for awhile before worrying about the paint. For now, I'll get the bare steel covered and finish up some other small things. Paint and some RME graphics will probably come around the end of summer.

Congrats on getting your TJ out on the trail! Post a trip report up when you get back.

I will DEFINATLY be doing that!! I had a camera, just didnt snap any pics, so this weekend for sure!!! Cant wait! Your TJ is definitly making me jealous! LOVE the stance of it!! One of the guys where we used to live, had a YJ that was a project, (good deal on ebay, we bought for him, he bought from us) and he finished it up, 60 front, 14 bolt rear :greg: had the comp cut rear crusher corners. On 38.5 TSL SXs. Loved that jeep!! He got married and sold it.:-\ Looked a lot like yours, as far as stance, and overall look, minuce (sp?) no front fenders