Jeep Building the RockyMountainExtreme.com Jeep Wrangler

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Here's the rear axle, I picked this up awhile ago and it's going to be perfect for this Wrangler project. It's a Dana 60, 62" wide, spool, 5.13 gears, 40 spline Mark Williams shafts, a Crane diff cover, disc brakes and TJ coil buckets! The 40 spline shafts are almost 1.75" around!!

I'm going to cut off the round tube axle bridge & replace it with the bitchen TeraFlex truss. :cool:

100_4187+_Large_.JPG

100_4189+_Large_.JPG

100_3318+_Medium_.JPG

100_3327+_Medium_.JPG

100_3332+_Medium_.JPG

100_4193+_Large_.JPG

GOAT

Back from the beyond
Nice looking pile of parts you have there Greg:cool:

What width axle are you going to run in the front? 62" in the rear is cutting it close with 40s and a stock width tub. Tim was at 69" width and 5" BS to keep it from rubbing the rear coils when stuffed.

Beware of the Tera skid. They are made from 3/16 and bend easily. Mine bent to the point of splitting the crossmember. I added some 1x1 tubing and it is tip top now. I've had the total weight of the rig high centered on it without any issues.
IMG_2658.jpg

IMG_2662.jpg

Greg

Admin
Nice looking pile of parts you have there Greg:cool:

What width axle are you going to run in the front? 62" in the rear is cutting it close with 40s and a stock width tub. Tim was at 69" width and 5" BS to keep it from rubbing the rear coils when stuffed.

Beware of the Tera skid. They are made from 3/16 and bend easily. Mine bent to the point of splitting the crossmember. I added some 1x1 tubing and it is tip top now. I've had the total weight of the rig high centered on it without any issues.

Now the trick is to turn the parts into something! :hickey:

64" wide in the front... isn't Tim running his rear coils on the outside of an inboarded frame?

I'll watch that crossmember, thanks for the tip!

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
looks great Greg,

My scrambler is at 107" and I really like it on the 39.5 tires...

Too bad you are not closer to home this would be a fun build to come and help on.

Good luck and keep us updated.

Greg

Admin
looks great Greg,

My scrambler is at 107" and I really like it on the 39.5 tires...

Too bad you are not closer to home this would be a fun build to come and help on.

Good luck and keep us updated.

Thanks Nic, it's going to be a fun rig. Most of the work is going to be fairly straight forward, hopefully it won't take too long. I'll be updating this thread as the Jeep progresses.

Bart

Great platform for what you're building. I have the same suspension, only with the coil overs in the front. So far I'm very pleased with it. I'm at 106 or 107". I'm jealous of the V8 and Atlas, and the front axle and .........

Greg

Admin
Great platform for what you're building. I have the same suspension, only with the coil overs in the front. So far I'm very pleased with it. I'm at 106 or 107". I'm jealous of the V8 and Atlas, and the front axle and .........

Good to hear Bart, I'm way excited to build & wheel this one.

I thought this was a Jeep buildup thread :confused:

What's up with the sasquatch arm?:ugh:

Just be glad that sasquatch arm ain't around your neck! -_- :p

Greg

Admin
Point taken...:ugh: :rofl:

Looks like its coming along great, I can't wait till it's done! Will you be rolling before the end of the summer, do you think?

I hope so, I'm shooting for the beginning of September to have it on the trail. I think that's reasonable, considering what I have ahead of me.

RockChucker

looking great Greg. those shocks you sold me are awesome. got rid of the bounce and added some travel. i'll be watching this build closely.

R

rockdog

What the hell? Did you win the lottery or something? I know, I know, you've got hookups at tera flex. :D I'm gettin close Greg. Your gonna have'ta take me on 21 road this fall, so keep working on it. Hell the rate I'm going you might beat me.:rofl::rofl: