For Sale Built 2001 Jeep Cherokee XJ

Bart

Asking Price
$7300
This is my son's XJ and he has put a ton of $ and time into this. It works great and has served him well, but doesn't fit his needs any longer. Please call or email him with questions at the information listed on the bottom of the ad. More pics can be found on the KSL ad.

For Sale: 2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport, Red
Features:
Power Windows
Power Locks
Keyless Entry
Two Keys
Air Conditioning that blows cold
Heater that blows hot
Very low mileage (104929) for a 19 year old XJ.
I’ve been obsessed with XJs ever since I got my first one at 16 years old. To me, nothing wheels better. I’m really sad to see this Jeep go, but unfortunately it just doesn’t fit my needs right now.
This Jeep runs really well, drives great, and does incredible things out on the trail. In Moab, it's done Pritchett Canyon, Moab Rim, and the escalator on Hell's Revenge. At Sand Hollow, it's been through Double Sammy, The Maze, and Milts Mile. Honestly, it'll climb just about anything you point it at.
Without further ado, here's the parts list:
# Parts List
## Armor/Body
## Motor
## Cooling System
## Drive Train
  • High Pinion Dana 30 Front
  • 4.10 gears
  • ARB
  • Chromoly Shafts
  • ARB Diff Cover
  • Chrysler 8.25 Rear
  • 4.10 gears
  • ARB
  • NP231 w/ Slip Yolk Eliminator
## Suspension
## Stereo
## Tires
* 33” x 12.50” x 15” Mickey Thompson MTZ tires with full size matching spare
## Lights
* Ovotor Halo LED Headlights with DRL (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075XL75ZC)
## Included (but not installed) parts
That being said, it's not perfect. There are a couple of problems I know of:
  • Exhaust is bent and needs to be replaced — I have a stainless steel cat-back kit that is included.
  • Has some minor bump-steer because the Teraflex TJ hi-steer knuckle doesn’t quite match the XJ geometry. Still drives great, though.
  • The drivers side front caliper bolts into two threaded holes on the knuckle. The bottom hole is stripped out. The bolt is currently being held in with a helicoil and loctite, but the knuckle should be replaced.
  • Sometimes the turn signal keeps blinking even though the wand has returned to center and the lights on the dash stop flashing. I replaced the relay and the switch module on the column, but those didn’t help. It’s probably a bad ground on one of the rear lights.
  • Body damage on both drivers side doors — I have two new doors for the drivers side that just need to be put on.
  • Windshield washer sprayers don’t work.
  • There’s a latch on the rear bumper to hold the spare tire carrier in the open position. That latch is seized.
  • She leaks oil from the rear main seal, and rear pinion seal.
  • This XJ was sold without cruise control. I've added the switches and clock spring to the steering wheel, but the throttle solenoid isn’t installed yet, so the cruise control doesn't work.
  • The drivers seat is a bit wobbly.
If you're interested, please shoot me a text, email, or call. My phone number is 801-400-5309, and my email address is eric@jacobs.af.118479