Bull in a bowl

hedonist

Supporting Member
So.... I spotted this bull from around 2-3,000 yrds away. He was out in a small clearing for just a second. I couldn't tell how big he was, only that he was in fact a bull. I parked the cruiser, grabbed my gear and started hiking. I took me a while to get where i thought i would be able to get a shot. but the sun was in my eyes and it was pretty thick. So i hiked down around the bowl and up the other side to try and get a better look. He was nowhere to be found:mad::mad:. I watched the hill for about 1.5-2 hours. It started to get dark so i figured i would have to make a move. I figured if he was still in there, he would spoke and i might get a shot. Sure as shit I started hikking and making some noice, he stood up and took off. I missed the first shot but the second got him right behind the front shoulder. Shot him with a .270 ruger model 70. 130 grain bullet a half hour before the hunt ended. Great hunt with my Dad!

Attachments

• IMG_1245.jpg
    IMG_1245.jpg
    175.9 KB · Views: 75
  • bull 10-10.jpg
    bull 10-10.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 84

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
WHat? Couldn't lash it to the hood of the cruiser? That's Jason Day style. ;)

congrats again!

hedonist

Supporting Member
thanks! public land open bull hunt....cleaned him thursday night quartered him up and hiked him out on fri! good steaks!!

hedonist

Supporting Member
thanks everyone! I'm pretty stoked. only my second one.....probably the biggest I'll ever get;)

mesha

By endurance we conquer
Nice work. I have a antlerless tag that is open right now in vernal. I went out this weekend and didn't even see an elk. Not a single one. How lame is that. I know the area and know where the elk usually are, but not this time.