Bully Dog downloader

J20 project

Just added a Bully Dog power pup downloader to my 05 CTD. Anyone have experience with this set up? Downloaded the 90+ hp gain and was suitably impressed with the performance. Didn't much care for how the temp guage bounced up so hard under full boost but I guess that's to be expected. Should have added around 150 lb ft of torque. Have to tow tommorrow so notched it back down to the first step or tow mode. Hoping to gain some mileage. Thoughts??
J20 project

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
you need some more air to keep your egt under control. What kind of intake/exhaust are you running. What temp did it hit? Pre or post turbo?

J20 project

Definitely my intention to add a pyro, better muffler and perhaps beat the guts out of the cat..did the tow job and have put some miles on the last week. 2-3mpg gain. Excellent power.
Thanks fo the link. J20

kirk86CJ

I have a BD triple dog on an '03 dodge. I have only towed on tow-mode. I have seen no increase in mileage - if anything it is a little worse. Its hard for me to believe you got that big of an increase in mileage.

J20 project

Well, I don't believe everyone's driving habits are the same. I drive between Cheyenne and GR regularly and have never gotten better than 16mpg going west. I got 18 the other day at 80mph into the wind. I did a little 90 mi trip two days ago and got 19.5 at 80mph w/ no wind. I was averaging 17 at that speed since the truck was new.
J20