busting new trails

troutbum

cubi-kill
Just curious if anyone had tips how to go about this the right way? I was out chucker hunting last weekend and hiked into a killer canyon, that would make a nice challenging trail ;). BLM and no road restrictions to my knowledge, hell it is 50 miles away from civilization? So what shoudl the process be?

demon jeep

Banned
Find out the BLM person that is over that area and talk to them, try to sound resanable. Also talk to them about clean ups and other things, they like that. Also they may want enviromental studies done on the area. But first just call. Were is the area at?

Rick B

S.E. Utah Native
It's highly unlikely you'll be able to drive there. With very few exceptions all vehicular travel is restricted to approved existing roads. This is the negative stereotype that many people have about wheelers, that we want to drive everywhere simply because we probably could. I wouldn't pursue this.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Troutbum, email me the location or even GPS coords if you could. I'd be more than happy to check the status of the area with the BLM maps I have. If it is open to "cross-country travel" (which is relativly abundant out West), then you can pretty much "travel" anywhere you want. If it is only open to "existing trails" than we may be SOL.

Either way email me and let me know the location, at least I will be able to tell you the contact for that area...

Email here:
landuse@cruiseroutfitters.com