Buying a vehicle from Craigslist

Tonkaman

I’m going to buy my daughter a new dirt bike. California tends to have great prices on these mini bikes so I’ve been searching their Craigslist classifieds.

There is one I’m very interested in, but it seems sketchy.

Seller says it isn’t registered in California but has a certificate of origin. Isn’t that what the manufacturer gives the dealership? Why would someone have that certificate of origin instead of a title? Maybe it was used like a demo bike for the dealer??

Here is the vin: vbkuxa237jm051305

Can anyone look this up for me?

Thank you for your input

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
I was on the phone with Bryan Green at the Edge when I was reading your post on KTMTalk. He pulled the VIN. The bike is owned by the Sheddens and was sold by the EDGE to them through their sponsorship with Atlas Racing.

There is your complete answer......the bike is legit.

J-mobzz

I definitely bought more than one atv /bike with mso only difference is you’ll have to get a bin inspection to register it

Tonkaman

I was on the phone with Bryan Green at the Edge when I was reading your post on KTMTalk. He pulled the VIN. The bike is owned by the Sheddens and was sold by the EDGE to them through their sponsorship with Atlas Racing.

There is your complete answer......the bike is legit.

Thanks Paul! That’s exactly who he said he was. I really had my hopes up on this bike. He had it in at PAX getting a new top end and they sold it for him.

I appreciate everyone helping me out