Cab over camper & car hauler... what truck?

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Greg, we might be selling our 2002 GMC 2500HD crew cab with the 8.1/Allison and 125K miles. If you recall, it's the one I pulled the XJ over to 21 Rd. with. Not 100% sure about selling it at this point, but stay tuned...

Yeah, keep me in mind if you decide to list it, Chris!

Bart

Greg, not sure if you're interested, but my dad is going to be selling his Haulmark cab over slide in pop up camper. It's on the higher end of quality and in incredible shape. Let me know if you want more details. Otherwise it will be posted on RME sometime in April.

Greg

Admin
Greg, not sure if you're interested, but my dad is going to be selling his Haulmark cab over slide in pop up camper. It's on the higher end of quality and in incredible shape. Let me know if you want more details. Otherwise it will be posted on RME sometime in April.

Yeah Bart, I'd be interested in more details.... year, model, how it's outfitted, etc. Do you know if it has a bathroom/shower? That seems to be rare with a pop-up truck camper, but a big want for us.

Bart

He is trying to find the year (thinking 2006 but not sure), but as fate would have it, it is very well equipped. It is self contained with a head, sink, and shower inside and a shower outside. It also has electric jacks which I love. It has a water heater, fridge and furnace, everything but AC. I have stayed a week in Moab in it and its comfortable. The Haulmark pop ups are built in Brighton Colorado. We looked around a long time to find it and paid over book because of the condition and accessories. Here is the only pic I have. The model is a 5410-8.5XL. It's built for a short bed truck.camper.JPG

Caleb

That sounds about like the perfect camper. IMO, A/C is overrated and you rarely end up using it. We only used it in the hottest locations we went to with our trailer and it certainly would have been fine without (I'm not talking Moab in July obviously). The outdoor shower is money, I used mine all the time when I'd take my dirtbike with us. Could wash myself and my bike before ever going in to the camper.

Greg

Admin
He is trying to find the year (thinking 2006 but not sure), but as fate would have it, it is very well equipped. It is self contained with a head, sink, and shower inside and a shower outside. It also has electric jacks which I love. It has a water heater, fridge and furnace, everything but AC. I have stayed a week in Moab in it and its comfortable. The Haulmark pop ups are built in Brighton Colorado. We looked around a long time to find it and paid over book because of the condition and accessories. Here is the only pic I have. The model is a 5410-8.5XL. It's built for a short bed truck.

View attachment 111732

I'm very interested, Bart... sounds like just what we're looking for. I was going to avoid a pop-up and go for hard sided truck campers, but keeping a low profile will be best when towing. I'm trying to find info based on the model, but can't find much. Do you know how tall it is inside when setup? Being 6' 4" I don't want to duck when I'm inside. :D

When you get a chance, would you PM me with the price range he's thinking?

Caleb

If it helps Bart, according to http://www.hallmarkrv.com/pre-owned-hallmark-campers/, you can use the following image to identify years:

Serial-Number-768x576.jpg