Cage building feedback

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I like that inverted "V" on the B pillar; it's nice because you can potentially lean the seat back a bit.
Shouldn't be too bad to add A to B spreaders below the door sill if you ever wanted to tie the cage into seat mounts in the future.
I like how the B and C pillars are in plane too. That leaves options for a spreader for rear upper coil-over mounts easy.

Nice work! 👍

Thanks! I'm pretty happy with the overall outcome. Plenty of headroom for me, which is much needed.

I do want to tie the seats into the cage, may try that with 1.25" x .120 and add a solid floor mount on the inside too.

I am planning to mount my shocks to the cage, between the B and C pillars. It'll also get a gusset running from the spreader up to the C pillar, so its super beefy.

You might consider some gussets that can act as hand holds at the A pillar. Maybe it doesn’t matter for you but I find them helpful for getting in and out of my rig. Mostly because I’m a short f*cker. 🤣🤣

I already talked to the wife about a handle! I'm not sure that I want to add a big tube gusset right there, but I'll fit one up and see how it looks. I have a pair of those velcro handles that wrap around a piece of tube, if I don't go that way.

I was actually going to suggest the same. Even though Greg is tall, sometimes you park off-camber or over a hole or something.....

I'll donate the 1" tube, bent if needed. 😁

I'm good, I actually bend up a couple pieces of 1.25" today... about 20* bends. We will see. ;)

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
Thanks! I'm pretty happy with the overall outcome. Plenty of headroom for me, which is much needed.

I do want to tie the seats into the cage, may try that with 1.25" x .120 and add a solid floor mount on the inside too.

I am planning to mount my shocks to the cage, between the B and C pillars. It'll also get a gusset running from the spreader up to the C pillar, so its super beefy.

I already talked to the wife about a handle! I'm not sure that I want to add a big tube gusset right there, but I'll fit one up and see how it looks. I have a pair of those velcro handles that wrap around a piece of tube, if I don't go that way.

I'm good, I actually bend up a couple pieces of 1.25" today... about 20* bends. We will see. ;)
I have some of those Velcro handles in my rig. I’m not necessarily a fan. A solid tube definitely give a much more secure hold.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
can they be rotated inwards a bit so any fingers would be slightly less likely to get smooshed in the event of a rollover/flop

I don't think anybody is going to be holding on to them in the event of a roll over, you'd have to be leaning pretty far forward from the seat to grab them. There is a dashbar for the passenger to grab, or I can build a detachable handle in front of the passenger seat.