Archived Camping area's during ejs

strangeKowboy

Oops i did it again
Just curious where people are camping at during EJS. I know its goingto be hard to find places but does anybody have any idea where to go or where they are staying. I was curious aboutthe big field by Moab rim. Just looking for ideas. I am bringing a 28ft motor home and tent trailer

Bart

There is an unimproved campground just before Moab Rim. My son and I stayed there last year. It wasn't too bad. I'm staying at Pack Creek this year.

strangeKowboy

Oops i did it again
My question is there going to be open spots when i get there? i will be there the 9th. I went two years ago and wow there was nowhere to camp but i didnt get there til fri afternoon that time tho. Is it pretty bad

Bart

I seriously doubt there will be a campground open in that spot at that time. But who knows, you may get lucky. I had to reserve the whole week to get my spot at Pack Creek.

strangeKowboy

Oops i did it again
thats what i am worried about. Last time we just went down the road past moab rim til you hit dirt and just kept going and way back in there we found camping but my buddy decided to bring the motor home so now we are more limited, somebody said something about staying in blanding. Just how far away is that

Last edited:

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
LOL hold crap what am i thinking sorry brain not working this morning lol but the town south of moab Blanding? hell i dont know anyhow i am going back to bed and restart this day :ugh:

Monticello is just over 30 min south from Moab, iirc... But even that's no fun to drive that far in everyday.

strangeKowboy

Oops i did it again
Trying to talk the wife into letting me go for teh entire week now so maybe i will find a decent spot, but it all depends on if the wife unlocks my ball and chain early

offroaddave

It's just one term!
Up hwy 313 there is some primitive camping. (That's the only way I camp with a camper.;))
Not much shade, and still a decent drive to town, but close to Seven mile, Metal Masher, etc.

Ford Prefect

You could always go back to green river...:)

Just out of curiosity, the staging area at the end of poison spider/ golden spike which is also the entrance to the Gemini bridges trail, do people camp in there? Is that even legal?

I am thinking about just sleeping in the jeep if I go...(read as if I get a kitchen pass to go)

Last edited:

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
I'll be camping out in the same area as I did last year - hopefully same spot! I should be there early enough to obtain it and there is room for your rig if you want to share... It's out by Area BFE (South of town about 10 minutes)....

strangeKowboy

Oops i did it again
looks like i am going kidless YAY so I am only bringing the tent trailer now! So I plan n camping down past moab rim where you hit the dirt and go a couple miles to down the road but i like the idea of camping out by you also Wayne. Where abouts are you camping at? PM me and i will hit you back and see if we can make something work