Camping at the snakes or lil' moab

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
Hey friends, my wife is desperate to get our new (to us) trailer out this weekend (like now) and I wanna know if either of these are decent options/if any of you ever camp there etc

I haven't been to LM for YEARS so I have no idea what to expect other than I heard it gets busy out there.

Camping at the snakes is cool IIRC but you have to find a spot and may hear SXS guys buzzing around like giant mosquitoes that lack any type of etiquette.

Thoughts/comments/concerns welcome. If we end up at either one and I get bored I may come home, get my Jeep and take it back with me.

Thanks!

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
Was out to Little Moab yesterday, there wasn't a huge group yet (Daughter wanted to go climb around on the rocks, I live a half hour away). I used to camp with the Boy scouts on one of the roads heading North before you got to little moab and it wasn't bad, just got to remember no water or trees in most areas, most people stick to the main drag or around the Chimney rock area.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
Camping at LM was pretty cool. We found a spot that was on a hill and pretty secluded so that was nice. I still can’t believe how much it’s changed since I first went out there in ‘02!
Our neighbors came out for the day on Saturday so I showed them around/tried to scare them and let the 14 y/o drive some stuff. That’s always a pleasures. Then my wife insisted upon “practicing” since she’ll be driving the Jeep when the buggy is (eventually) done.
long story short-ish eventually I was driving and I was able to pull off some cool lines but didn’t get into anything too crazy since I didn’t have any other rigs there with me.
I know others will recognize this notch, it’s fun. It took a little bit of work to position the Jeep on it correctly and then at that point there is no backing down it. It went up with a little bit of wheel speed, no problem.
76DD9806-3372-4B7E-9FDE-95EB758B503C.jpeg
Another guy that was there with a big YJ said he was impressed I drove down the north line and can’t believe how crazy I am. Sometimes I forget that a lot of people don’t like to drive down stuff if they don’t have to but competition MAKES us do it. Anyways so he said I should try this other line that he’s seen attempted but never done and promised he’s “there a ton.” I said I’d put tires on it and see what happens. Well, I made it without much fuss so that was fun. Afterwards some other “regulars” came over and said they’ve never seen it done either. I don’t really care about that but it was fun seeing people get excited about it.
D1F770EB-C625-4D63-A9F9-73942E51A979.pngSunday evening a couple of my young men (17-18 y/o) came out for the night so I let them drive until it got dark and then more again in the AM. They sure love it and I like spotting them through stuff and watching their reactions. They about rolled it a couple times so that was exciting lol. Good times.

Last edited: