Can we talk dogs?

DAA

How much does he weigh? I love Great Pyranees but they are MASSIVE dogs.

My buddy has two Pyrenees and a half Bernese/half St. Bernard. In a small house, with a small yard. It's a full time rodeo over there. And they are pretty protective. I'm the only one besides my buddy and his wife that can go in there safely. I go over and let the dogs out and such when my friend and his wife can't for whatever reason. And I have to keep my eye on the female Pyrenees, she's an evil bitch. She usually shows me love, but sometimes, not... The half Bernese/St. Bernard is the dominant alpha and he loves me though - he keeps her in line pretty good when needed.

- DAA

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
This wasn’t supposed to happen until Saturday….day 60. We were going to leave for Vegas in the morning to have my BIL do the C-section first thing Saturday. Well I got a frantic call this afternoon from my wife while driving to Salt Lake to look at @Tonkaman truck. Our IG had gone into labor.

I do not have 100% confidence in our local vets and that was reinforced after this emergency visit. Everything went well with the delivery but they made a decision after that I am not happy with and elicited a WTF reaction from my BIL. When the babies were delivered thy put them into an incubator to keep them warm. After they finished the c section they put the mother in the incubator with the puppies. So now we have a dog coming out of anesthesia surrounded by 10 puppies…….yeah 10 o_O As she came out of anesthesia saying WTF she ended up biting 2 of the puppies. They both were bitten on a leg and needed a couple of stitches. My BIL will not put the mother with the puppies until she is coherent and has some reasonable awareness of her surroundings.

Anyway, 1 puppy had some developmental issues so it was put down. That leaves us with 9 puppies. Her last litter was 6 so this is a significant increase. We will be watching weights closely and probably doing some supplemental bottle feeding.

We have 2 pied, 3 brindle and I think 1 blue and 2 fawn sable and 1 blue fawn. 9A4DCF52-4814-46B7-AC80-81EF66FA2A83.jpeg

Tonkaman

This wasn’t supposed to happen until Saturday….day 60. We were going to leave for Vegas in the morning to have my BIL do the C-section first thing Saturday. Well I got a frantic call this afternoon from my wife while driving to Salt Lake to look at @Tonkaman truck. Our IG had gone into labor.

I do not have 100% confidence in our local vets and that was reinforced after this emergency visit. Everything went well with the delivery but they made a decision after that I am not happy with and elicited a WTF reaction from my BIL. When the babies were delivered thy put them into an incubator to keep them warm. After they finished the c section they put the mother in the incubator with the puppies. So now we have a dog coming out of anesthesia surrounded by 10 puppies…….yeah 10 o_O As she came out of anesthesia saying WTF she ended up biting 2 of the puppies. They both were bitten on a leg and needed a couple of stitches. My BIL will not put the mother with the puppies until she is coherent and has some reasonable awareness of her surroundings.

Anyway, 1 puppy had some developmental issues so it was put down. That leaves us with 9 puppies. Her last litter was 6 so this is a significant increase. We will be watching weights closely and probably doing some supplemental bottle feeding.

We have 2 pied, 3 brindle and I think 1 blue and 2 fawn sable and 1 blue fawn. View attachment 146742
Glad to hear the mother is ok after such a massive litter.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member

We have 2 pied, 3 brindle and I think 1 blue and 2 fawn sable and 1 blue fawn. View attachment 146742
Congrats on the litter. Hopefully they all continue to improve. I wish I was in a place and time to get one.