Can we talk tool chests?

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
my tool box got pushed back another little bit. Estimated delivery date is currently March 10th. I ordered it the end of December for reference.

UT410

On jack stands.
Supporting Member
My minisplit install tipped the toolbox "domino" for me. Since the stack under the 'split wouldn't work, I ended up buying a HF44 and an end cabinet.

Then, since I could put so much in that set-up (more than the boxes it replaced), I ended up selling my 3 other vintage Cman stacks and did another 44 with two end cabinets.

I wish I had a 100 more of those stacks to sell! They paid for everything and I put some $$ in the bank.

Because of this thread, I drove to Orem, Lehi, Sandy x2, and Logan to get everything. I went red for simplicity.

The garage has a much different vibe, now, with all those vintage Craftsman boxes gone.

PSX_20210302_215401.jpgPSX_20210302_215450.jpgshop done.jpg

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
My minisplit install tipped the toolbox "domino" for me. Since the stack under the 'split wouldn't work, I ended up buying a HF44 and an end cabinet.

Then, since I could put so much in that set-up (more than the boxes it replaced), I ended up selling my 3 other vintage Cman stacks and did another 44 with two end cabinets.

I wish I had a 100 more of those stacks to sell! They paid for everything and I put some $$ in the bank.

Because of this thread, I drove to Orem, Lehi, Sandy x2, and Logan to get everything. I went red for simplicity.

The garage has a much different vibe, now, with all those vintage Craftsman boxes gone.

View attachment 135359

those new boxes and end cabinets look great! you should post another photo with the full picture view with the new cabinets.

glockman

I hate Jeeps

View attachment 135357View attachment 135358View attachment 135359
I think the hot rod will make up for the loss of character 😁
Just curious about your combo. I've looked at the side drawers and if I'm not mistaken you could buy another 44 inch box for what two side drawers cost. What made you go with two drawers instead of another box.

UT410

On jack stands.
Supporting Member
I think the hot rod will make up for the loss of character 😁
Just curious about your combo. I've looked at the side drawers and if I'm not mistaken you could buy another 44 inch box for what two side drawers cost. What made you go with two drawers instead of another box.

I like the look, now. But everything behind the pic is a mess, so we'll have to hold off on the full shop pic, haha.

I started with 1 box and an end cabinet. I really liked the smaller drawers in addition to the 44 (actually a 42"er).

When I decided to go with another 44, I figured I would go with the same setup. It wasn't until a little more organization that I figured I should grab the one last 14.5"er that I knew was up in Logan. I had a deal up there that pretty much paid for it, minus my time and gas.

Then, as I was getting it all set up and planning a top, I realized that I could use the end cabinets to tie the whole setup together and it would give me a 10' workspace. So, either later on in this garage or wherever I am next, I can attach them and run them as one long unit.

Also, just thinking about it now, I guess I like smaller drawers to keep tools separated by what they are.

UT410

On jack stands.
Supporting Member
I blame this thread ha, so thank you. I've been putting off getting a bigger box for a while and I've got crap scattered and stacked everywhere, it drives me nuts. So, after I read this thread I figured it was time, I signed up for the ITC membership and set off to buy the US General 44" box. Then I got lucky, I wanted black but the only black one they had was in a torn box. The toolbox was in perfect condition but because the box was torn they gave me another 20% off, so 40% off total minus the price of the membership. Pretty stoked!

View attachment 135250

View attachment 135251

Such a great score, congrats! I love deals like that.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
My box came in 2 weeks ago so it was only took about 2 1/2 weeks to get here. Finally got down to pick it up today but am storing it at my friends shop until I get a chance to make space for to. I was told they are discontinuing the side locker so I picked up one of those today also. B68D0526-EAB2-4DE1-A019-C15C11E10ACE.jpeg

UT410

On jack stands.
Supporting Member
My box came in 2 weeks ago so it was only took about 2 1/2 weeks to get here. Finally got down to pick it up today but am storing it at my friends shop until I get a chance to make space for to. I was told they are discontinuing the side locker so I picked up one of those today also. View attachment 135993

The 14.5" end cabinets are getting discontinued?

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
I never updated this thread with my experience. I originally ordered the green one and after about 10 weeks I got sick of waiting. I talked to the manager hoping to get an ETA. He then told me they had a Black one in stock. The awesome part is they credited me back almost 400 bucks for settling for the Black one. I have had my box for a little over 2 weeks now and I am a happy camper. I plan on picking up another 72" box as soon as they go on sale again.

UT410

On jack stands.
Supporting Member
I picked up a 44" combo yesterday. It's huge compared to what I've got now and I'm looking forward to moving into it and getting rid of one or two smaller boxes.

WVC store has a red 44" combo in stock too if anyone has been waiting.

Pics?