General Tech Can you mill out the hub bore on a wheel spacer?

Jay5.9L

...I just filled the cup.
I bought a set of 5 x 5.5 1.25" wheel spacers for my CJ. Unfortunately they were built for a newer truck like a 1500 dodge with a smaller hub bore. Can I bore out the middle so my locking hubs will pass through or is this a bad idea? I feel like I'm messing with lug centric vs hub centric forces that should not be messed with.

This:
wheel-spacers_1091-base.jpg

To This:051stb07.jpg

Jay5.9L

I got them used so its sell them or modify and use. Anyone know a machine shop that could do it? Maybe Summit?

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
Most machine shops might be "iffy" about what you are asking.

Now if they were paper weights or decorations instead of wheel spacers, that might make them more willing to help. (less Liability) ;)

2002maniac

If you have to pay someone to do the machining it's not worth it. at $50-100/hr youre probably better off selling the spacers and buying the right ones. This is when you need a buddy with a lathe (I'm still looking for this one). I worked my way through engineering school as a machinist, and having access to the tools was easy to take for granted.

Jay5.9L

Wow I can’t pass that deal up. I’ll txt you sometime next week. Can I pay you in something? Adult beverage of your choice?