Car Audio Shops

ozzy702

Likely picking up a 2016 Corolla S from my grandma for dirt cheap with 10k on the odometer as my commuter car now that I'm spending way more time in my car than I like. To make it more enjoyable (it's a dog) I'm going to throw a system in it and want to go further than I have in the past which will probably require more knowledge, skill and time than I have to throw at it so as much as it pains me, I'll probably take it to a car audio shop.

Looking for the following:

Carplay capable receiver.

Quality component speakers up front (would love some audiofrogs) $300+

Mid range coaxial 6x9 up to ~ $225

60w RMS+ to all speakers

Wired for an extra amp (4g power, remote wire, and RCAs) to the rear where I'll just pop my current subs and amp until I want to pony up cash

DSP and tuning

Minor door sound deadening, I'll do all the major sound deadening in the car myself.

Anyone recommend a solid shop in Northern Utah that know what they are doing? I've thrown together plenty of systems with amps, subs, speakers, receivers, etc but have never gone into DSP and tuning and honestly I have way too much on my plate right now and very little free time for a project. Looking to have a dialed setup since I'll likely be driving this thing for awhile.

Last edited:

str8axleguy

Audio Xtreme in Riverdale is my go to, they have been in the business decades and have super high end skill and product. JL Focal etc ask for brett Jensen

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
Car Concepts used to be my go to, but it's been years since I've done much in car audio.

And ditch the 6x9s. Use an adapter plate for a round speaker if you have to.

Pike2350

I've heard really good things about California Audio down on 3500 S and 4xxx West. My wife had a simple receiver put in her car and it's been years since I've really been into the car audio scene.....but their stuff looked good and they had very high reviews when my wife was looking.

Gary T

Car Concepts used to be my go to, but it's been years since I've done much in car audio.

And ditch the 6x9s. Use an adapter plate for a round speaker if you have to.

I hate to be negative, but.... I bought very nice and expensive unit at CC, I thought they gave me a good price. But they will not back it up with service, and keeping promises.