'Cat Canyon' Trailhead

brikar

In October when I went by it was clearly marked closed with a BLM sign in the dead center at the head of the trail. When we called into the BLM office there was a lot of confusion as to whether it should be open or not but the lady said if it is marked closed it was closed. I posted up later on here and no one was able to confirm officially one way or the other. Its a great trail with some fun everchanging rock obstacles, hopefully it is not closed and the sign was posted in error as the trail does go up through some wilderness area.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Any updates on Cat Canyon? Perhaps from some of our Delta/Millard County locals? Our Land Cruiser club was planning to run the trail this month. The trail leader made preemptive call to the BLM and was told it is in fact closed. Anyone know on what grounds it was closed or any back ground there? Craig Stumph, you up to speed on this?

The Delta area hasn't seen an RMP as of yet so it couldn't be that closure and to my knowledge there haven't been any other motorized-travel or WSA revisions in that neck of the woods. I'm suspecting it was never on their inventory and not in an open travel area so they just placed the closed sign to prevent continued use?

jinxspot

~ Bush Eater's Offroad ~
^^^^ X2 on getting info.

The day after we ran Chainsaw last year I also headed out there and just so happens I also found a small sign was still placed in the middle of the trail opening. It said something like "wilderness study area" to my recollection...

After poking around a bit for some info I seem to recall it being from some group that filed paperwork (with whom, who knows) to allow the sign to be posted, but not sure of any real reason for it to be closed (that all hearsay mind you).

PolarXJ

HO-P
Here are three of mine from Cat and Chainsaw

Attachments

• Wallpaper15com.jpg
    Wallpaper15com.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 23
  • Wallpaper14com.jpg
    Wallpaper14com.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 23
  • Wallpaper12com.jpg
    Wallpaper12com.jpg