Cell Phones

BBowski82

What are you looking at?
Anybody have the hookup for cell phones?

I have service through Cingular....I have gone through 3 Sony T226's (keep getting a fuzzy speaker) and I DON'T WANT another one of these pieces of $h!t...

I have gone through the rigamaroe with Cingular (an hour) with no luck....

Anyone have the hookup on Cingular phones, Cingular unlocked phones, or know how to unlock a cell phone??

Caleb

yeah, welcome back...

I think your best bet would be Braden (Rockmonkey) but he works for Verizon...he may know cause he has worked for a few companies though...maybe PM him...

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
What's Scott Phillips' user name? I don't remember. He works at AT&T, you should PM or email him. He might be able to hook you up, if someone can remember his user name. There's always Ebay.

Caleb

RockMonkey said:
What's Scott Phillips' user name? I don't remember. He works at AT&T, you should PM or email him. He might be able to hook you up, if someone can remember his user name. There's always Ebay.

goin4xn or something like that...I remembered about Scott on my way home tonight...

Caleb

BBowski82 said:
Someone could make a bundle if they found out how to "unlock" these phones so that they could be used with any server....

My brother has been doing it with some Nokias...he says there a ton of info on Nokias...but others are VERY limited...

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
It's not just matter of "unlocking" them. Different carriers use completely different technologies. Cingular uses a GSM system which is a very different type of signal than Verizon's CDMA system. There are three or four different types of system used today, with a few more to come in the future. A phone on one system can not recognize a signal from another type of system.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
I just want to jump in here and say that I have been on Cingular/At&t's GSM service for about 5 months now and I love it. Awesome coverage. There were alot of people downing GSM but I went with it anyway.