changing the title of a thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sixstringsteve

Sometimes I need to change a word or two in the title of a thread I started. I can go in and edit it, but I only see the changes in "edit" view. Once I save the changes, the new info is not updated. If I go back into edit mode, I can see the new changes, but once I save it again, they're not displayed.

That was really poorly written, I'm not sure if it makes sense. Here's an example:

I post a trip on Aug 8-9th. But then I change the date to Aug 10-11. So I go in, edit the title to say "aug 10-11." Everything looks good. Then I hit "save changes" and RME refreshes the post. But it still says Aug 8-9. So I go back in to edit it again, and in my edit mode it says "aug 10-11." Is this a permissions issue, or is it a glitch in the forum software not updating the changes?

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
It's always been like that. I think it lets you change the main thread title within 5 minutes of posting or something?

Anyways, a simple PM to me or another mod/admin can easily update titles for you at any time. :cool:

sixstringsteve

Ok, as long as you guys don't mind. I feel bad bugging you guys with such a simple request. You guys are always helpful and willing to accommodate these requests.

I wonder why it has the option to edit the title after 5 min then? It makes you think you're editing the title, but you're really not...

jinxspot

~ Bush Eater's Offroad ~
This is the same for most of the other boards Im on that use this typcial forum structure ... You can edit the title in "advanced" view, but the change will not be shown. Makes me really try to figure out a generic thread title from the get go.

Nice to know if I really need it to me changed there is an Admin that can preform it.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Ok, as long as you guys don't mind. I feel bad bugging you guys with such a simple request. You guys are always helpful and willing to accommodate these requests.
I wonder why it has the option to edit the title after 5 min then? It makes you think you're editing the title, but you're really not...

That's the default forum setting. I've updated it to 30 minutes for now. I think it might be so that at a later date the thread title isn't changed maliciously to confuse people and retain thread accuracy/history for posterity. :cool:

Greg and Herzog are admins.

Also, some of the more active moderators are: Rockmonkey, Caleb, Floppy Hat, & Rusted. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.