Charles C.W. Cooke Interview with Mike Rowe

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
I'm a big fan of Charles C.W. Cooke's writings at National Review, I think he's pretty much spot on when it comes to modern interpretations of libertarian leaning conservatism. He has a new podcast and his most recent episode features Mike Rowe, which I know a lot of people on here enjoy. I thought it was a very good interview and thought provoking.

I have a pretty cushy job these days where I sit in my basement and stare at a couple computer screens all day and make decent cash. And despite a couple side endeavours and my constant tinkering around the house and on cars, I don't really do anything that looks like "work". When I was a kid, my dad went and worked in a hot warehouse for eight hours a day, came home sweaty and tired and then went off to another job at night. I want my kids to grow up with an appreciation of hard work, and part of me worries that they will see their dad sipping coffee and clicking a mouse and and not appreciate the skill it takes to weld or turn a wrench.

Anyway, I encourage you to give the show a listen. Even Charles's monologue at the beginning is worth listening to.