Chasing my dreams

KevinM

I would love a gig like that. A lot of the positions I have been looking at have about the same hr requirement and have a 2 week on 2 week off schedule. I've never worked that kind of schedule but I think it sounds amazing!

Thanks! I appreciate it!

Thanks! Biggest reason for SUU is my GI Bill. Second reason.. my wife and I really want to get out of the Salt Lake valley. It's way too crowded and only getting worse. We are both from small towns (Monticello / Price) so Cedar City will feel more like home to us. I actually applied for UVU right out of high school and was accepted but didn't end up going. Wish I would have but I don't regret going the military route instead. It's really cool that you and a few others have either studied aviation or received your PPL.
IMG_5558.jpg
I did something similar many years ago. Left a nice paying government job to pursue a career flying. Best decision I ever made. There were plenty of challenges along the way, I didn't make much money while building time. I'm also a CFII/MEI etc, although I don't instruct full time, you can PM me if you have any questions as well, happy to help. Networking is very important in aviation. Many jobs are filled before they ever hit a job board.
IMG_5558.jpgIMG_5558.jpg

corbin.black

View attachment 120433
I did something similar many years ago. Left a nice paying government job to pursue a career flying. Best decision I ever made. There were plenty of challenges along the way, I didn't make much money while building time. I'm also a CFII/MEI etc, although I don't instruct full time, you can PM me if you have any questions as well, happy to help. Networking is very important in aviation. Many jobs are filled before they ever hit a job board.
View attachment 120433View attachment 120433

Its great to hear so many other people have made similar decisions and love what they do, thanks for posting up! Networking is something I will need to work on. Were you an instructor while building hours?

KevinM

Its great to hear so many other people have made similar decisions and love what they do, thanks for posting up! Networking is something I will need to work on. Were you an instructor while building hours?
Yes I built flight hours as a part time flight instructor, while working a full time job. Built up enough hours to apply for the commuters but chose a different route instead.

Last edited: