Chasing my dreams

corbin.black

Just another quick update: just got home from a quick evening flight (super nice that I live right next to the airport) and I successfully hovered and landed a helicopter! I’m just shy of 5 hours behind the controls so I think it’s going well. I would say it was the smoothest flight ever.. but I did it ?Yesterday I did a “cross-country” flight to sand hollow and we did a quick touch down next the the “hobbit house”
It was awesome to see sand hollow from the sky!

corbin.black

another update:
My first semester is complete! I have 35 flight hours and got a 4.0 for the semester! I was able to fly solo for a half hour in St George earlier this week, so much fun! Then me and the instructor started buzzing over people in Sand Hollow and landed there and on a sand bar in the virgin river! I wish I could post pictures but it’s against school policy. Oh, and I’m back in a Jeep! It was cheap and local so I couldn’t pass it up6615CAEB-AE0B-4C2F-9BD5-F8D2DB2F9D88.jpeg

Vonski

nothing to see here...
FWIW, my nephew Hunter Hatch is going to be in the same program at SUU after transferring from USU’s program up north. I believe he has a similar amount of flight hours. I had no idea SUU was one of the best high altitude helicopter programs in the country.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Updates @corbin.black ? My son visited with some Heli peeps from SUU today, they came to talk to current high school students about their program, and it reminded me of this thread.

rholbrook

My father flew for pleasure and for his own company. Always had really nice big twins. My oldest brother has flown for a living but mostly in the corporate jet world. He got his hours flying tours over the Grand Canyon and Life Flights airplane. He solo'd at 14 and got his license before he got his drivers license. He currently flies for three different companies, one he may only fly their Citation a few times a years but gets a paycheck twice a month. The only two, he flies weekly for. He was awarded the Wright Brothers Master Pilot Award in June of 2018. He is now 71 and says he feels guilty collecting a paycheck because he loves to fly so much. I hope you are enjoying flying as much as my brother has.

corbin.black

Updates @corbin.black ? My son visited with some Heli peeps from SUU today, they came to talk to current high school students about their program, and it reminded me of this thread.
It is about time for an update! Life and school got busy there for a while.
First off, me and the family are doing great! The kid turned 2 last month and my wife and I just had our 10 year anniversary. We bought a new 31’ Forest River Wildwood camp trailer and hauled it to Idaho Falls and Bear world to celebrate!
As far as flying goes, I am now done with flight training and was able to land a job here at SUU as an instructor 🤘🏻 There for a while I wasn’t sure they would be hiring (Covid related) so I quit my day job and studied hard and killed my interview! I have 4 students assigned to me this semester, they all have zero hours in helicopters so it was a pretty cool experience to give them their first flight. The schedule is pretty sweet and I can pretty much fly whenever I want in Utah. I plan on buzzing you guys in Sand Hollow whenever I can 😂B3181998-F075-44C5-B3F0-FDD079FA0FB6.jpeg4F4316AF-56AD-4AA5-B029-816AF355114B.jpeg40CD7294-4A26-4D77-8460-E2229C1736F6.jpeg66B1F422-C892-462E-B472-01351A072911.jpeg06A4E3B7-1698-4319-94F6-3A7B1B989AB3.jpeg05065DE0-2A2D-4B7E-93E3-BBFD0EE9CDB8.jpegA0F08C4E-395D-47AC-BD95-162073A1C869.jpeg