RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
looks good except, why's your t-case selection backwards? 2hi is at the top ;)

I wondered if anyone would notice that. In order to shove the t-case up to make a flat belly, and accommodate the crossmember for my front suspension, I had to completely re-work the linkage on my T-case. I used a different shifter arm on the t-case (from a YJ maybe?) that shifts backwards from the XJ one. That gave me the ability to make everything fit, but it shifts backwards from normal, and I had to remove the stock gates on the shifter to give it enough travel to get into all the positions. That's the whole reason I'm not just using the factory t-case shifter cover in the first place.

Rest assured, my markings are correct. :D

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
I whipped up some sliders to keep my doors a little further away from the rocks. I also slapped a loop onto my front bumper to give me a place to stow my winch hook, and keep my rope out of harm's way.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSCN3102 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN3102 (Medium).JPG
    52.7 KB · Views: 299
  • DSCN3100 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN3100 (Medium).JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 299

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
I got around to making recovery points on the rear bumper this weekend. They are attached to the strongest part of the back bumper. They're welded directly between the inner and outer frame plates that extend up the frame about 2 feet. It's a Cherokee, so there is no strong part of the vehicle, but this is about as strong as it gets.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSCN3119 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN3119 (Medium).JPG
    44 KB · Views: 263
  • DSCN3118 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN3118 (Medium).JPG
    55.8 KB · Views: 264

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
Stratton should have a couple chunks o' grip tape he should fling in your direction. :D It works well as long as it's not getting blasted with rain or soaked in water.

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Stratton should have a couple chunks o' grip tape he should fling in your direction. :D It works well as long as it's not getting blasted with rain or soaked in water.

This rig is parked in a garage and only very rarely leaves it. :( Rain shouldn't be much of an issue.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
I am in awe of your fabrication and welding. All of your welds are beautiful. Great looking rig. It is really amazing to me that you can build something like this for 1/3 the cost of a Rhino or Razor.

xj2

honestly. i dont know why ive been on other forums for so long looking for answers and am now just coming across this. since 11-15-09 ive been looking on forums for this sort of build. i am greatful for this.

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
honestly. i dont know why ive been on other forums for so long looking for answers and am now just coming across this. since 11-15-09 ive been looking on forums for this sort of build. i am greatful for this.

Thanks!

I hope you decide to stick around. RME has a lot more to offer too.