Chance - Springville, UT

Make, Model & Year of Vehicle-

2008 Hummer H3 - Techno Grey

Engine-

Vortec 3700 - 3.7L Inline 5cyl - Stock

Transmission-

4L60E - stock

T-Case-

Stock, the Adventure Package (mine) comes with a 4:1 ratio when in 4low.

Axles-

Front - AAM 760 (7.6" ring gear, aluminum housing differential)
Rear - AAM 860 (8.6" ring gear, solid axle, c-clip shafts) with OEM Eaton E-locker
4.56 axle gear ratio

Suspension-

Rancho 4" lift
http://www.gorancho.com/suspension.php?make=Hummer&model=05_10_hummer_h3#lift

Rancho RS9000XL Shocks
http://www.gorancho.com/suspension.php?make=Hummer&model=05_10_hummer_h3#shocks

Wheels and Tires-

LT315/75R16 (35" x 12.5" x 16") Goodyear Wrangler MTR Kevlar

MB Razor - 16x9.5 all black

Winch-

None yet

Favorite Trails-
Hanging Tree Trail
Rattlesnake/Constrictor
Poison Spider
Behind-The-Rocks
Pritchett
Moab Rim
Metal Masher
SteelBender

Other-
Sunroof

Today I bought a bone stock 2008 Hummer H3. It has 39k miles and comes with a 3 year/36 month drivetrain warranty from today. This rig will be getting built a lot like Box Rocket and SixStringSteve's DC Tacoma's. Just enough body and undercarriage armor to keep everything safe, bumpers (homemade) front and rear. It will take me on my favorite trails and will be a rig built for expo camping and hunting.

My first mod- cranking up the torsion bars and having an alignment done. But the tires on it (smaller than stock, and junk, not even a good street tire) were not cutting it.

So I bought 5 Goodyear Wrangler MTR-K's and some aftermarket wheels, but the wheels won't be here until next week.

after

and took it wheeling a little bit by my house. I can tell this is going to be one of my favorite vehicles I've ever owned. The 35's do not rub at all! Even when wheeling through the ruts and bumps and full flex.

(Sorry for the dark pics, you know I'll get better ones later. I just had the itch to wheel again)

Stuffin that 35. (Still not rubbing)

and the muddy mall-crawl shots

Go ahead, bring on the Hummer flamage *pirate flipoff* :greg: it's what I want, and it's not your wife's grocery getter.

Last edited:

Rock Taco

I see you stopped at Michael's for some silk flowers for your new H3. :D

I think its cool that you can fit 35s with hardly any work at all. Did you sell the D-max already?

Chocflip201

I got these switches a couple days ago, and will be putting them in my dash for power to my LED's that I got from Deviant, to power a relay for winch power, probably a front ARB or Eaton E-locker, not sure what else yet. But they are the most badass switches I have ever seen. They look way better than any of the Carling rockers or any other switch I have seen. If you have a Ford truck made in the last couple years you have a possibility of having them in your dash from factory. They are called Upfitter switches.

Chocflip201

I see you stopped at Michael's for some silk flowers for your new H3. :D

I think its cool that you can fit 35s with hardly any work at all. Did you sell the D-max already?
lol no I was at Best Buy looking at new head unit stereos. The factory one doesn't have any way to connect my iPod. But I didn't like anything they had.

Yep the the duramax got traded in. They gave me almost as much as if I would have asked for by selling it myself. And I hate the hassle of tire kickers.

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member
Be very careful powering a winch through a relay. My warn M8000 draws 435A when doing an 8000lb pull.

Chocflip201

hummer high-five! any other plans for it?
Oh yes, it will be getting a handful of work done to it.

Be very careful powering a winch through a relay. My warn M8000 draws 435A when doing an 8000lb pull.
435?! I've never owned a big winch before, I assumed they were all ran by relays.

Well that didn't take long....Congrats! Sounds like it should be a fun rig.
I've wanted an H3 for 3 years now, I'm glad I finally got this one.

Tonkaman

Congratulations! I love where your headed with this thing. You'd sure not wasting any time either. That's amazing about the Duramax getting a good trade in value that's pretty unusual in Utah lately

Chocflip201

Thanks, yeah I'd highly reccomend PMR auto (in American Fork) to anyone. Very great to deal with. No BS, no pressure, no sales tactics. Just straight car selling.

On a side note, I don't know if I want those other wheels. I got them because I love how they look, but with them being offset more, I am sure they would rub, and I don't rub at all right now. I might just powdercoat my stock wheels black.

Greg

Wanderlusting
Admin
Looks great Chance! The MTR's really changed the looks of that thing! :freak:

I dig the factory wheels, powder coat them and keep them around!

Went up the face of sand Mountain, eh? Pics or video?? :D

Chocflip201

It did great out at the dunes with us today, it's not often you see an SUV climb the face of sand mountain!
Good to meet you as well.
yeah glad to meet you and everyone too! If anyone got pictures of me today feel free to post in this thread. That was fun climbing the mountain I've never done it in a truck before ha.

Looks great Chance! The MTR's really changed the looks of that thing! :freak:

I dig the factory wheels, powder coat them and keep them around!

Went up the face of sand Mountain, eh? Pics or video?? :D
yeah they made this thing finally not look so much like a "girls SUV" or so they call it. The stock wheels aren't my favorite but I think for the sake of not rubbing and having to trim/tub I could live with them if they were black (or maybe even body color?)

I wanted my tires to stick out a little bit because I plan on doing tube fender flares. I can't make up my mind.

I got got video from inside the cab, going up and down, I'll have to upload them to Youboob.

Here are some pics from up top.

Chocflip201

Really great rig Chance, it was cool seeing it in action today, it did awesome!
Thanks! Your truck did really well. I'm glad we both made it up that one dune where we all sat there a while at noon.

Im half excited just to have something to wheel again, and the other half is excited that it is an H3. I am really really happy with it, glad I was dead set on one. Also, I'm really impressed with the inline 5. I am glad (for now) that I didn't get the V8. I think I might do a PCM tube but even without it I pulled the Eureka hill at 65 mph at like 75% throttle. I was on a '06ish cummins' @$$ (pulling two quads and a dirtbike) the whole way up.

sixstringsteve

On a side note, I don't know if I want those other wheels. I got them because I love how they look, but with them being offset more, I am sure they would rub, and I don't rub at all right now. I might just powdercoat my stock wheels black.
I think it looks really good with the stock wheels on there. It did great today, I think it'll be a perfect rig for you.

Marsh99

Lover of all things Toyota
I dig the stock wheels and would like them even more in the black favor.

How tough are the axles on these? able to hold up in the front on 35's?