Chris Holley's 1969 Ford Bronco (Fall 2003 Featured Rig)

Over the last 10 years, the '69 Ford Bronco owned by Chris Holley (RME Username is 'Chris') has seen alot of changes. It was originally purchased while Chris was in High School & served him well as he drove it between work & school.

Many things have changed in the last decade and the Early Bronco has been thru quite a few stages. Currently, the Bronco is used for recreational wheelin' and as a UROC Legends Class vehicle. Since that's the case, everything that wasn't a 'must have' has been stripped from the EB for lighter weight.

Here's how this classic Ford is currently built.....

Engine-

Stock Ford 302, 2 Barrel Motorcraft Carb.

Transmission-

NP435, Granny Gear 4 speed from Fullsize Ford Truck.

Transfer Case-

Original Dana 20 with the Wild Horses Heavy Duty output.

Axles-

Front: Dana 44 from a Fullsize Bronco with 4.88 Gears, Detroit Locker, Alloy Shafts & CTM U-Joints.

Rear: Ford 9" From Fullsize Bronco with 4.88 Gears, Detroit Locker, 31 Spline Alloy Shafts. The Rear has been narrowed 8" for avoiding Cones with the rear tires.

Suspension-

Front: Custom 3 Link with Trackbar suspended by Wild Horses Bronco Coils.

Rear: Custom Triangulated 4 Link with National Spring Coils.

Tires & Wheels-

Allied 15x8" Beadlocks wheels with either 35x12.5x15 and 37x14.5x15 Maxxis Creepy Crawler tires.

Protection-

Custom Rollcage, Stinger, Rocker Panels, etc. Built out of 2" and 1 5/8" DOM & HREW.

Winch-

Warn M8000 with Winch Rope.

Interesting Facts-

The Tub had been narrowed 8" and shortened 4". Chris runs a Toyota PS Box to point his Ford towards the biggest rocks. The steering is effortless thanks to the Hydro Assist from RockLogic 4x4.

The Bronco has been featured in '4x4 Power' and 'Petersons 4Wheel & Offroad' during diffrent stages of the buildup. All the work has been done by Chris, except narrowing the rear axle.

Chris finished 3rd in the UROC Series and took 6th in SuperCrawl this year.

The Bronco is sponsered by Maxxis, Maaco, Professional Heating & A/C, Told Plumbing and Wild Horses.

Whats Next?-

Chris has plans for a Dana 60 or RC 35 Spline Ford 9" to replace the Dana 44 & Propane Injection to help where the Carb runs rough.chris.lowerhell.jpg

Last edited:
I just bought this bronco yesterday! Had no idea it had such a past. Besides the lack of maintenance it looks like it's still mostely the same..currently doesn't run but hope to change that before this weekend. I was having trouble finding a name for it now it just seems right "Holley"

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I just bought this bronco yesterday! Had no idea it had such a past. Besides the lack of maintenance it looks like it's still mostely the same..currently doesn't run but hope to change that before this weekend. I was having trouble finding a name for it now it just seems right "Holley"

Awesome, congrats! Stick around & start a new thread in Members Rides... I'd love to see the Bronco back on the trail again some day!

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin

That is awesome! I always loved this rig. Keep us posted!