Cindy's JLU a month in...

DAA

So Cindy has had her 2.0 JLU Rubicon almost a month now. Just under 1,000 miles on it.

Going into it, my plan, was this is HER Jeep, not mine. I planned on not driving it any more than I did her old car, which is to say, almost never. I didn't buy it for me, I bought it for her.

But she has been almost forcing me to drive it. At every opportunity and excuse. So, I have driven it a bit. Been married way too long not to see how I'm being played here. She's just looking to get me onboard with budget approval for mods. It's working...

Still 100% bone stock though, except for 315 KO2's. And whether I approve or not, the budget says it's going to have to stay that way for at least a little while longer.

Just posting to say, a month in, we love this freaking Jeep! I can't get over how smooth it is. How "nice" it is. How much gitty up and go it has (for a Wrangler, of course). I have not checked to see how far off the speedo/odo is with the 315's and we have not hand calc'd a fill up yet. So I don't know what it is "really" getting, but the computer says avg. of 18.7 MPG. That's with every bodies foot in it all the time because it's too much fun not to stomp on it. MPG has been steadily increasing, too. As has seat of the pants perception of power. It really does seem noticeably more peppy than it did on day one.

Haven't wheeled it yet. Don't want to get it muddy :D. Don't mind good old fashioned dirt, but mud, no thanks. Cindy is anxious to get it down to Moab though, so I imagine it will get some wheeling time pretty soon. And I want her to put the first scratches in it, so she'll be at the wheel for it's first trail, which will probably be either Hell's Revenge or Elephant Hill. JL's are nice...

- DAA

kmboren

Recovering XJ owner anonymous
I have wheeled with a couple of nice JLs and let me say that 3in lift on Jl with 40s is equivalent to a 6 in lift on 40s in a JK. Same obstacle same clearance. Not sure what or how jeep did it bit it sounds like they did it right.

mesha

By endurance we conquer
We are heading down to Moab today for the second time in our JL. Finally got some lift and tires on there. By finally I mean it has been a couple weeks since I bought it. Last time it was stock so I am excited to see how it does.

Kevin B.

Big hippy
Been married way too long not to see how I'm being played here. She's just looking to get me onboard with budget approval for mods.

Really need to get your wife and my wife in the same place at the same time. Maybe a little of that will rub off.

Reactions: DAA