Cj 2a

Moab mark

Have owned since 77. Going to do some upgrades on it put it at my house I own in Moab. Have a Dana 30 and a model 20 that are the original axles out of my CJ5 I'm going to put it to one upgrade the axles and to get brakes. Also going to do a power steering conversion. My question is if anybody that's done this what steering column did you use? Oh you'll like this it has a Flathead Ford V8 in it. Stock trans stock transfer case stock axles. A flathead purrs like a sewing machine. Put a 33 inch tire I had in my garage on it just to see what it would look like.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Yeah, RME doesn't allow video attachments... they have to be uploaded elsewhere then linked to. YouTube or Facebook, etc.

Moab mark

Ordered a bunch of parts
Advance hanging pedals, master cylinder
Power steering box, already have pump. Along with steering parts.
Gears for Dana 30 AMC 20. Going to 4.88 to try to stay close to stock gearing. Stock is 5.38 it's not going to be low enough with stock trans and 33's but that's as low as you can get for those axles. Model 20 already has a Detroit, bit concerned if that will be squirrely with the short wheelbase but will see. Also bought a lunch box locker for the front.
Going to convert it to 12 V. Have an alternator that was left over from when I put my LS3 motor in my scrambler.

Last edited:

Moab mark

Also looking for an aftermarket carb to replace the tall stock carb to be able to get the air cleaner under the hood. If can't find carb going to try to build an air cleaner to take it over to the side and put a small hood scoop on the hood.

rholbrook

Also looking for an aftermarket carb to replace the tall stock carb to be able to get the air cleaner under the hood. If can't find carb going to try to build an air cleaner to take it over to the side and put a small hood scoop on the hood.
My father in law has a triple deuce intake I picked up for him 15 years ago that is still just sitting in him garage in St George. I could ask him what he is doing with it. He does have an early 50’s 2 door he wants to restore but he’s been saying that for 40 years. It still runs and I know it has a bad water pump but I don’t remember what side I hope I will get it when he dies.