CJ-75 Budget Build

SWALLDOG

There's a guy that's fixed my top down here in Bountiful that might be able to sew two tops together for you? Not sure if that'd really work or not? He's fixed my tops a couple times. Pretty reasonable and does good work.
Was it D & M Upholstery? I really like them. He would always fix our soft tops at vector. He did the soft top for the green jeep also. Took a full sized scrambler top and cut the middle out and put it back together. Turned out really nice.

The build is looking awesome! Love the little details.

Deweyxj

Invisible, on purpose!
There's a guy that's fixed my top down here in Bountiful that might be able to sew two tops together for you? Not sure if that'd really work or not? He's fixed my tops a couple times. Pretty reasonable and does good work.

2 tops sewn together should work out fine. The 5 top & doors I have are in really good shape & I have 2 wrangler tops. 1 I want to use for a bikini & the other would be used to complete the full top.:D

The 7 doors are another story, while I could live with the lowers, the uppers are thrashed.:ugh:

I'll have to look these guys up & see what they think!:greg:

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    108.4 KB · Views: 18
  • 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    109.2 KB · Views: 16
  • 017.JPG
    017.JPG
    156.7 KB · Views: 20
  • 018.JPG
    018.JPG
    107.4 KB · Views: 17

Bart

Love all the little details and thought that is going into this. Nice work.

Was it D & M Upholstery? I really like them. He would always fix our soft tops at vector. He did the soft top for the green jeep also. Took a full sized scrambler top and cut the middle out and put it back together. Turned out really nice.

Thanks for the info on the top. I'm going to need a soft top cut down.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member

The build is looking awesome! Love the little details.

Are they right next to the freeway at about 7th South? If so, that's them.

Deweyxj

Invisible, on purpose!
Other little bits!:rofl:

I mounted a Warn 8000 winch up front & a "farm jack", (garage sale item $10), the winch is the real deal!:cool:

I needed to upgrade the axels in my Cherokee. The add read " 8000# Warn winch, comes with 78' ford bronko to carry it home":eek:

BONUS!!

Got needed axels for $800 & winch for free!:greg:

YROC FAB.

BUGGY TIME
Vendor
HALLELUUUUUJAH!!! IT IS FINALLY ON THE ROAD!
I've spent the last few years fixing the little things to be able to get it inspected & registered.

Thanks State of Utah for doing away with inspections, I now have a running, driving, street legal (grey area), registered double extra large Jeep!!

Pics? on the road huh. . But have you Wheeled it?

Deweyxj

Invisible, on purpose!
I'll try to get some pics up tonight. Other than a couple of rocky dirt piles in a field, no! :(
I'm still in shakedown mode trying to sort out a fuel delivery problem, charging issues, & the latest thing is the turn signals quit working!

I haven't strayed to far from home yet but once I'm a little more sure of the reliability I'll run it up A.F. Canyon or 5 Mile as part of the process!

Deweyxj

Invisible, on purpose!
So the picture thing works! :) I went through my old pics, thinking I would post up a really great update of the build but, apparently I've taken pics as frequently as I've made posts!

I'm taking it in to a guy to start on the custom soft top on Fri., so I'll get some pics of the bar structure that I built for the top. {'ll post them up this weekend.

Attachments

• DSCF0760.JPG
    DSCF0760.JPG
    124.5 KB · Views: 17
  • DSCF0738.JPG
    DSCF0738.JPG
    108.4 KB · Views: 17
  • DSCF0756.JPG
    DSCF0756.JPG
    110.4 KB · Views: 17

Bart

Woohooo and very cool. Glad to see the updated progress and good luck working out the gremlins. Glad to see it on the road.