Clamshell Bearing Tool

Agility Customs

Vendor
I have a spare one of those you can borrow. If you break it, crack it or damage it in anyway you will be responsible for replacing it.

Pile of parts

I have a spare one of those you can borrow. If you break it, crack it or damage it in anyway you will be responsible for replacing it.
That would be great and I would certainly be responsible for any damage! I would be happy to leave a deposit with you to be refunded on return/inspection. However you want to do it. I'll PM you shortly.

Agility Customs

Vendor
I use to loan my tools out, learned the hard way that is not a good idea. Hats off to Agility for offering this, takes a good man to trust.

I havent been bitten yet, being a helpful hand and building local relationships means alot to me. So if I can help I will and hopefully next time someone needs parts or is going to pay to have something done hopefully it makes a full circle and they come back to me cause I helped them out.

4x4_Welder

I've been on sites where they had service tool loaner programs. Biggest was on the Mercedes forum, where there were a lot of special tools you might need once in ownership of the car, but cost $300+. They'd be owned by one user, but shipped all over the country (insured of course). Paying $20ish to ship it was a bargain vs the cost of the tool.
I know this forum is a lot more localized, but maybe something like that could be set up? I have tools I could put on the list.

zmotorsports

Hardcore Gearhead
Vendor
I use to loan my tools out, learned the hard way that is not a good idea. Hats off to Agility for offering this, takes a good man to trust.

Agreed. Hat's off to Agility.

I loaned a couple of tools many years ago to what I thought were friends and turned out ending friendships and still had to replace the tools so I have a strict rule now, no loaning of tools or equipment, period. Also have less friends, funny how that works.

Pile of parts

I can certainly understand where everyone is coming from on this. In fact, to the point of feeling guilty for even asking. My hat is certainly off to @Agility Customs for being willing. To my credit, I have offered to leave a cash deposit and would expect the amount to be full replacement value of that tool - at what ever price he determines the value to be. I too, would be a nervous lender. Hopefully my offer of deposit is a show of integrity and worst case scenario, Ryan buys a new tool with the money I leave him.

As Ryan said, building relationships is important to him, as it is to me. Life is too short and this world is too small to go around making enemies. I get that we all don't really know each other but that is why I would feel more comfortable with a deposit. I can talk all day about what kind of person I am but I'm willing to put my money where my mouth is rather than just have someone take my word.