Close call at Rabbit Valley

rholbrook

I was with my BIL going along a cliff on our snowmobiles. He caught a rut when he wasn't expecting it and luckily he fell off but the 800 Storm went maybe 40 feet down staying upright. There was only one big tree in the bottom of the bowl and the ghost rider center-punched it. All the snow on the big pine tree buried the sled because the force from the sled hitting it knocked all the snow out of it. It took us an hour to unbury it. We towed it out and he had it back together for the next weekend.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
From his description on YouTube. -

Rim trail in McInnis Canyon/Rabbit Valley Colorado/Utah. My skid plate clipped a rock on the left side of the trail which then sent my wheels to the right where the cliff edge was only 10 feet to the right of the trail. I bailed as soon as I could, sliding off the bike, ending up just a few feet away from joining my bike over the edge. The cliff it went off was three stepped, the first verticle section was about 30 feet down to the next small ledge then another 10 or maybe 15 feet where the bike stopped, then the last section was low angle 10 feet or about. We left the bike there for the night and rode two-up for the 6 miles back to the car. We came back the next day prepared. We had over 100 feet of tow line, climbing harness, a hand winch. We didn't know what was going to be the best way to get the bike out...up or further down. We ended up lowering the bike down the last ledge and walked it out the horseshoe canyon to the next trail where we could get the jeep to pick it up.
The bike amazingly had only a broken clutch lever and a smashed left foot peg! The front forks were perfect, the plastics were perfect, the frame, exhaust, handlebars, seat everything was in great shape!!!

plaidfro

1st. Awesome looking trail... I haven't been out to Rabbit Valley yet but that looked like a fun run.

2nd. Wow... what a freak deal with how his bike shot out that way as that point. Glad that it was an easier that expected recovery and the repairs were minor.

Caleb

This is how I felt the whole time riding up Ogden Canyon/Avon Road with Russ...oh wait, that's because my bike did go off the trail, luckily the tree roots were exposed in that section and caught my bike. Otherwise it would have been a long hike down to the highway below. :D

MattL

This is how I felt the whole time riding up Ogden Canyon/Avon Road with Russ...oh wait, that's because my bike did go off the trail, luckily the tree roots were exposed in that section and caught my bike. Otherwise it would have been a long hike down to the highway below. :D

Wheres the video... :)

rholbrook

Corban says to quit being such a pussy, oh wait, I was thinking that.

Just think how much fun that ride will be this year with your extra experience and Revloc.

I access to some property in the Uintas we can camp on and ride those trails if we want to. Its right by Bear River Service

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
Remember Meat cartwheeled his 4wheeler down the side of Mary Ellen Gulch.

I endo'd my pitbike into the trees on a side of a cliff trying a switchback up Willard Peak.

I had my 4-wheeler cartwheel on me up Willard Peak years ago. Kept going about another 100 yards down the mountain until it smacked a 6" tree and broke it off. The foot peg looked like it took the tree hit and was bent pretty good, handlebars were messed up and the throttle had to be held together with the other hand to get out of there. Kind of strange but the axle was straight still and most the damage was cosmetic. I was bruised from my elbow to mid-chest from where the handlebars pinned me before the 4-wheeler kept on rolling.

Caleb

Corban says to quit being such a pussy, oh wait, I was thinking that.

Just think how much fun that ride will be this year with your extra experience and Revloc.

I access to some property in the Uintas we can camp on and ride those trails if we want to. Its right by Bear River Service
:rofl: Really the trail wasn't bad, infact quite fun until Ben Lomond peak :D I'd love to do some riding up in the Uintahs (once the snow is gone and it warms up a little :p)