Closed Trails Database

jackjoh

Jack - KC6NAR
Supporting Member
open roads plan 1.jpgKurt, I am starting a new plan to keep roads open. see attached I can not find my copy of the latest release on closed roads so would you please send it to me again?
file:///C:/Users/Jack/Documents/open%20roads%20plan.pdf

jackjoh

Jack - KC6NAR
Supporting Member
Send me what you have and I will put it together. I am going to list things by county and governing body, BLM, FS, etc. It looks like most of the work will be done thru the counties.

jackjoh

Jack - KC6NAR
Supporting Member
I downloaded everything from this post and will compile the list. Send me whatever you have and I will use it. I will post here what I come up with.

jackjoh

Jack - KC6NAR
Supporting Member
This is taking much longer than I thought it would. Going to try and get some teenager to do data entry for me.
This is the form I am using as a directory and then there are lists for each site with more detailed information.

[Submitted Buy], [Address], [City, ST ZIP Code], [Phone] EMAIL: [/FONT][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #FFFFFF, colspan: 5"][B][FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=6]CLOSED ROAD/COLLECTING SITE LIST[/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #FFFFFF, colspan: 5"][I][FONT=Tahoma]
[/FONT][/I][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #FFFFFF"][I][FONT=Tahoma]
[/FONT][/I][/TD]
[/FONT][/I][/TD]
[/FONT][/I][/TD]
[/FONT][/I][/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #FFFFFF"][B][I][FONT=Tahoma]4/7/2017[/FONT][/I][/B][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #213F75"][B][FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=#FFFFFF]YEAR[/COLOR][/FONT][/B][/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #213F75"][B][FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=#FFFFFF]Name[/COLOR][/FONT][/B][/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #213F75"][B][FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=#FFFFFF]Description[/COLOR][/FONT][/B][/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #213F75"][B][FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=#FFFFFF]COUNTY[/COLOR][/FONT][/B][/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #213F75"][B][FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=#FFFFFF]FEDERAL AGENCY[/COLOR][/FONT][/B][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #EAEAEA"][FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=4]2009[/SIZE][/FONT][/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #EAEAEA"][FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=4]Paria River Road[/SIZE][/FONT][/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #EAEAEA"][FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=4]In GSENM closed to motorized travel[/SIZE][/FONT][/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #EAEAEA"][FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=4]Kane[/SIZE][/FONT][/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #EAEAEA"][FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=4]BLM Kanab[/SIZE][/FONT][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #FFFFFF"][FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=4]???[/SIZE][/FONT][/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #FFFFFF"][FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=4]Dugway[/SIZE][/FONT][/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #FFFFFF"][FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=4]On Poney Express trail Geodes may be closed to collecting[/SIZE][/FONT][/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #FFFFFF"][FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=4]Tooele[/SIZE][/FONT][/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #FFFFFF"][FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=4]BLM [/SIZE][/FONT][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #EAEAEA"][FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=4]
[/SIZE][/FONT][/TD]
[/SIZE][/FONT][/TD]
[/SIZE][/FONT][/TD]
[/SIZE][/FONT][/TD]
[/SIZE][/FONT][/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

jackjoh

Jack - KC6NAR
Supporting Member
I have a meeting set up with BLM, Utah State, and some politicians to try and coordinate this effort and get some technical advise.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Jack - If we can get a compiled list of Names and coordinates, we can make an actual virtual map to show the visual impact of the closed trails.

In fact, I have a side project that I kind of abandoned a couple years ago that does exactly this. I could make a variation that shows the closed trails. Already has an admin interface to add/remove trail markers.

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
Seeing all these trails that are closed on the main page is kind of a downer.

I know what you mean.

It makes it easier to understand why we need to help keep everyone on the trail and avoid cutting new lines/trails on stuff that is still open...