Colorado Rockcrawling

Waterboy

These were taken 5/4/3. I know they are late but oh well..

These were taken near Penrose, Colorado on the Patriot trail.

viewthread.php

viewthread.php

viewthread.php

viewthread.php

viewthread.php

The rest can be found here

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
How far is Penrose from Fruita/Grand Junction??

Looks like a killer trail! How long is it and how much time does it take?

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Originally posted by BlackSheep
Looks like a killer area. Perhaps we should plan an RME trip out that way??:D

:D

That's a good possibility! Perhaps we could talk Jason into showing us around in the Subie-powered Buggy!

WJL

I have friends that live in Woodland Park (near Colorado Springs)
The place they are wheeling is about two hours south from them. From Ogden not trailering the Jeep it takes about 12 hours to get to Colorado Springs.
The trail is a 3 trail system Liberty Patriot and Independance. Excellent hard core rock crawling.

There are plenty of write ups in mags and on the net about these three trails.

VERY VERY VERY warm during the Summer and no place to hide.

Greg:
The liberty trail took us (5 vehicles 1 a F250 with 42" Swampers) 8-to10 hours to complete.
It is a loooong way from Grand Junction.
A must with my friends was 35s or bigger, locked at least in the rear, preferably both and a winch. Spare parts also.
One guy ran with 33s and got alot of body damage and used his new winch he would not ran it if not for the winch.

Last edited:

Waterboy

Thier are 3 trails down there. Freedom, the easiest way out. Patriot the hardest way out. And Liberty, the longest.

If you do not break anything and know all the right lines you can run Patriot in about 20 minutes. I think it is only like 1/4 mile long. Usually just to run it once you need to plan on an all day adventure, as that trail loves to tear rigs apart!

As mentioned above you must bring spare parts, you will break!

This trail system is located about 30 minutes southwest of Colorado Springs, just outside of the town of Penrose.

If anyone wants to come run it let me know and we will show you a hell of a time!

skulltoy

Trailer's Rockin!
Originally posted by sukaB
HHMM...
You boys wouldnt be showing the new UROC area now..............?

Nope I know for sure this isn't the new UROC area. But I know someone that has been there and he said it is INSANE. We're trying to get him to take us there real soon. You might have to load up and head out this way:D