Comcast Mobile

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
Anyone tried Comast Mobile?

I am currently paying $120 for verizon, included taxes.

I can get the same coverage with Comcast for $60 plus taxes.

Anyone else looking at this?

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
My parents use Xfinity Mobile. They have the same Verizon towers and coverage for way less money. Not sure if Xfinity and Comcast are the same.

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
Where I currently own my verizon phones (no contracts), it seems like I can just get a new sim card from Comcast/Xfinity port my numbers over and go...

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
My neighbor is on the comcast/xfinity mobile plan, I thought his was cheaper than that though. What kind of data are you looking at? unlimited? Do you know how much data you use in a month? $120/month seems a bit excessive even if you're paying for the latest phone.

I'm cheap when it comes to phones, I own all my phones and then get service through https://www.redpocket.com/ or straight talk because they allow me to pick the provider I want. Most my phones are GSM so I wind up with an AT&T sim but they offer a Verizon sim also. I tried Ting at one point and they were through T-mobile but coverage sucked so I moved to somewhere I could get a AT&T sim. My kids are on a 2 or 3G data plan with unlimited talk/text for under $20 a line, I have a 5G plan through straight talk for about $35.

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
My neighbor is on the comcast/xfinity mobile plan, I thought his was cheaper than that though. What kind of data are you looking at? unlimited? Do you know how much data you use in a month? $120/month seems a bit excessive even if you're paying for the latest phone.

I'm cheap when it comes to phones, I own all my phones and then get service through https://www.redpocket.com/ or straight talk because they allow me to pick the provider I want. Most my phones are GSM so I wind up with an AT&T sim but they offer a Verizon sim also. I tried Ting at one point and they were through T-mobile but coverage sucked so I moved to somewhere I could get a AT&T sim. My kids are on a 2 or 3G data plan with unlimited talk/text for under $20 a line, I have a 5G plan through straight talk for about $35.
Great questions. We have 2 phones on the Verizon 8gb shared plan with all the bs it comes out to $120 and change per month.
We own our phones also.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
Great questions. We have 2 phones on the Verizon 8gb shared plan with all the bs it comes out to $120 and change per month.
We own our phones also.
Really? My wife and I own our phones and are on Verizon prepaid 8GB plans and we pay $67/month total.
Our phones are getting a bit old, though, so we're looking to upgrade. Which is why the Comcast Mobile thing seems intruiging.

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
Really? My wife and I own our phones and are on Verizon prepaid 8GB plans and we pay $67/month total.
Our phones are getting a bit old, though, so we're looking to upgrade. Which is why the Comcast Mobile thing seems intruiging.
Yep, unless there is secret handshake to get a better deal out of verizon.

We own our phones. 8gb Premium data, unlimited talk and text, rollover etc.

Looking at the bill $70 for the plan and $20 for each line, for a total of $110 plus another $10 in taxes... :(

Currently looking at Comcast for $67 out the door for 10gb.

OCNORB

Supporting Member
My wife moved to the Comcast phone about a year ago from Verizon - about half the price and she seems to be happy with the service. Only downsides -if you wanted to change to another internet provider you have to change phone carriers too.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I moved from Verizon to sprint about a year ago. Sprint bought out our old phone contracts and we got good lease type deals on all new phones. Our 6 lines with 10gb on Verizon was like $400. 6 lines with unlimited on sprint is $220 after taxes.

I like the idea of they Google mobile plans that switch between networks. That seems pretty smart

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
I moved from Verizon to sprint about a year ago. Sprint bought out our old phone contracts and we got good lease type deals on all new phones. Our 6 lines with 10gb on Verizon was like $400. 6 lines with unlimited on sprint is $220 after taxes.

I like the idea of they Google mobile plans that switch between networks. That seems pretty smart
Old coworker used Google Fi (or whatever its called now) and in the valley its awesome. BUT the moment he left Salt Lake Valley his reception was suuuuuper spotty. Maybe its gotten better, but as of a year ago thats how it was.

Pile of parts

BUT the moment he left Salt Lake Valley his reception was suuuuuper spotty.
This is the reason I have stayed with Verizon. I like the coverage I've had in the places I go and too afraid to commit or experiment with other services. I'll be watching this thread for input because I'd love to save some money.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
I have Google Fi. It works well for my needs...but the plan I'm on charges me per Gb of data used. Since I use very little it ends up cheap. For someone who uses more, it might not make as much sense
Out and about it is not as good as Verizon, but rarely causes me problems. (often I'd rather be out of service when I'm camping or whatever)

One part where it absolutely excels, is out of the country. International calls will still be expensive, but texts are free and data is the same rate as always ($10/Gb). They worked fantastically on a trip through Europe a couple years ago.