Considering a 2006 F350 Crew Cab

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
Just hit 200k last night. My trailer brakes and controller have developed some weird short or something. I haven't figured it out yet so I removed the fuses so it would stop freaking out everytime I hit a bump.

View attachment 101621

My 05 did something similar. If you pull the factory trailer plug off at the bumper, it just plugs into a harness. Mine had a ton of corrosion there. Once I cleaned it up and used some dielectric grease, no more brake flashing at me on the dash. I'd start there since it was easy to get to.

sawtooth4x4

Totally Awesome
So, still have this thing. Going on 3 years. Mileage is now 212K miles.

For the last month its been acting like its missing. but very randomly.

I finally got annoyed and decided to fix it. So this week i sunk some money into the truck.

I had the AC lines replaced that had blown out last summer. The heat was getting annoying and trying to talk to customers on the phone with the window down on the freeway is annoying. So i had a local shop replace the lines and refill the system ($200).

I had a shop check out the injectors with their computer. They found out that cylinder number 5's injector was dead. So I called my friend that owns Diesel Auto Power. He had an injector in stock, so i pulled mine and took it over to him for a new one ($130). After installing it, and getting it running again, it kept stalling out. And it would only do it when it was warm. I had just replaced my ICP sensor under warranty from O'Reilly auto. So it couldn't be that, Right? After getting really irritated, i limped it down to Ford and they checked it out. They confirmed my new sensor was dead. But they also tried to tell me I had a high pressure oil leak, which I knew was a bunch of crap. They said I needed to replace both fuel rails to a tune of $1800. I told him no as i laughed at him and told him that was stupid. I got my sensor, walked into the shop, started my truck and drove home.

So after another ($300) to get a new sensor and have them diagnose it, I limped it back home. I made it about a block before it died. I'd like to thank my neighbor who decided his top speed could only be 10 mph. After walking home and acquiring the proper tools to swap the sensor, i walked back and changed out the sensor on the side of the road. Sensor swapped, the truck fired right up and ran smoothly.

I cautiously started driving it around, further and further from my house. It was finally fixed.

Then came Friday, I left at 4 am to head out to Oregon to pick up another Range Rover. 1500 miles later, its still running the best its ever run.

Next week I plan to replace the rear tires as they are mostly bald now. I sure wish I could get a set of tires that last more than 2 years.

13237659_10153699848925028_5119434870740996437_n.jpg

13179264_10153700128290028_1874873483206046233_n.jpg

And presenting the next restoration candidate. 1989 Range Rover Classic. 64K miles. No Rust

13164438_10153702117040028_5284134372605917475_n.jpg

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
I miss my f350 power stroke. :( I'm in Oregon now and have been pulling a camp trailer with my lx470 and while its done fine I miss having a man truck.