Constrictor Sign down??

Bart

I'm in as long as it's not this weekend. I can bring 5 gal of water and a bag of cement, but will need to get it transported up to the sight.

CJJ92yj

Kurt, for the Forest Lake project a few years back, I made up signs and got them printed and laminated at Monsen Engineering. Joe put in a good word since he had recently went elsewhere, so we got them on the cheap. That is of course, if you are still considering that route. We then covered them with lexan bought from Regional Supply.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
All right what do we want to do for paint?

I've labored for hours now getting the cement off the bottom, I'm proud to say it is 100% cement free. Its still heavy but now at least two guys can man handle it around.

PHOR, you mentioned you might be able to powdercoat it? Anyone willing to get it down to Utah County (likely needs a full-size pickup bed)?

SWALLDOG

hey just found the thread. i'm up for helping whatever i can. i get off work at 6am monday morning and then i off for the next 4 days so if ya still need the sign run anywhere. just got to put the ps box back in the cummins, taped it for hyd assist! :greg: yeah. shot me a text er something, not usuly on the computer on my days off. 801-859-9707 - John

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Fast forward, sign got transported down to Utah Powercoatings... the trail went cold there. Olly (cruiser) and I were discussing this last week and he called down there to figure out the status. They were going to get it finished up and ready for him to pickup. Perhaps an install for RME's NPLD project?

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Flashback!!!

The sign has been found and in my possession. Marshall @ Utah Powder Coating got the sign pulled apart and blasted but from there the trail went cold. Really cold. Marshall moved onto bigger/better things and nobody knew what had happened to the sign, until last week. John Gottfredson found it in their storage unit and dropped it by my place :cool:

So, I have the sign and the post. The sign has been blasted but has a little flash rust. We need to get it painted up, welded back together and then re-installed (original RME sign install here). I'd love to see this happen as a formal National Public Lands Day event but I can't personally there as I'll be with ExpUt in AFC on our newly adopted trail. So, I can either help facilitate the rebuild and get it onto someone here on RME for the re-install OR we do it earlier, perhaps as soon as next month as a formal RME spring-fling activity? Perhaps as part of the Spring 2016 QTD?

Thoughts?