Consumers to Nuck Woodward Road

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Last Saturday I headed down to spend some time with my folks in Price. After dinner we decided to get out of the house and check out the Nuck Woodward Road that was recently being discussed.
Thread here: https://www.rme4x4.com/showthread.p...ice-s-attempt-to-close-the-Nuck-Woodward-road

We pulled out the map to find the quickest route since we only had a couple hours of daylight. I suggested a route but we later found out that it tracked across private property and was gated. We backtracked a bit and went over the top of Consumers to Clear Creek (which is a beautiful little town) and up toward Castle Valley Ridge and onto Forest Road 110 (Nuck Woodward)

Most of the photos are before we made it to Nuck because we ended up finishing that road in the dark. It was still very beautiful in the near full moonlight.

M7gUcrd8T5qH6K15HgVDPA_thumb_168c.jpg

Co-Pilot taking in the view:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1698.jpg

A lot of private property surrounding Consumers
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_16b3.jpg

Getting to the top of Consumers
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_169a.jpg

Still on Consumers
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1692.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_169b.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1699.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_16a6.jpg

Owl above Clear Creek near Castle Valley Ridge
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_16a5.jpg

This is the view shortly past the first upper gate on Nuck Woodward. Very beautiful view, in the distance you can see Price.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1693.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_16a8.jpg

Even in the dark, the fire damage is very obvious. Several spots had mud slide damage but the route was recently maintained and was a very smooth ride over all.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_169f.jpg

I definitely plan on heading back for a day trip. It was a nice drive and took use around 3 hours round trip heading form the north end and ending up in Huntington Canyon including some backtracking and scenic stops.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
Are you on Alan's email list Shane? He has sent out some s tuff on this and other things involving the FS office is doing right now?

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
I'm not but my parents are so yes it's the reason we went up to take a look and drive it :)
I don't know if he sent it out to everyone or just a few people, but AP obtained a list of roads that has been compiled by the Ferron FO for the Manti Lasal of roads that they have catagorized as "likely not needed". IIRC, the list is about 15 pages long. Message me your email and I will forward it onto you.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin