Control arms

Johnny Quest

Web Wheeler
I'm a huge fan of good clevite bushings. I was happy when Teraflex adopted the use of them. They absorb impact and vibration really well and last a long time if setup properly (including not tightening until the suspension is at ride height)

You do have to be careful, there are lower quality clevite bushings out there that do not last very long, especially the ones with a 'D' window cut out of the rubber.

wait til you see the next generation of Teraflex bushings :cool:

astjp2

Synergy DDB's or the Clayton Girro joints: all the flex of a JJ but quiet like rubber. Cost 20-25 each and are a direct replacement for the clevites. If you have your original arms, they press right in and don't have the problems of the Rough Country/Rusty's/Rubicon Express flex joints that wear out. I am not a fan of the chinesium junk that a lot of the vendors import, the Girro and DDB's are not from China, other parts of Asia but not china...

Tebbsjeep

So revisiting this, I'm pretty sure I'll need to cut out and replace my threaded inserts to get rid of the play. That being said, my tires have always rubbed my lower control arms, and I recently went to a rim that tucks in tighter to the body. So the rubbing will be worse I imagine. Even though I went with a slightly narrower tire.

Should I just replace the threaded inserts and run it like it is, or should I have someone build me new lowers with a bend and replace just the upper inserts? I looked for some off the shelf arms but I can't find a company that makes the length I need. I'd need to be around 31" center to center, with some room for adjustment.