Convert Bender Die 1.75" to 1.5"

Bucking Bronco

I needed to bend some 1.5" Tube and I have a 1.75 Die for my tube bender. I don't bend enough to pay a couple hundred for a Die so I made this.

It worked Better then I expected. I place this inside the 1.75" Die effectively changing it to a 1.5" Die

I first bent 1.75" tube
Then I cut it in half. I need to clean it up a bit but I want to see if it would work first
Screenshot 2023-10-09 at 7.37.59 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-10-09 at 7.38.08 PM.png

And here is the bend in the 1.5"
Screenshot 2023-10-09 at 7.38.18 PM.png

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I will be damned. Did you make anything for the follower or did the 1.75 follower work fine with?

Bucking Bronco

The 1.75" follower worked great. I think you could only go one size smaller without a different follower. I think my next Die will be a 1.25 and I will do the same for it and then I will be able to bend 1" 1.25" 1.5" 1.75" and I have a 2" already

Bucking Bronco

No kidding. I think you saved me some money in the near future. Thanks for posting that up.
No Problem.

I think if you really wanted to get fancy with it you could weld a tab on the ends and drill and tap the original Die then you could install it for lots of bends. As it is it works but with each bend it comes off. So it would be more convenient is all.

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
Thats cool, my brother and I actually made our own follower a couple weeks ago for 2" dies, It was weak, but It lasted all the way through our project, Ill have to remember your process for the next time i need to bend a size I dont have dies for.

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
Yeah it worked ok, but the degree parts and measurements were off. It was all eye ball. It turned out pretty good though