Cool hunting story from this last week

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
I'll try to make this short but still tell the important bits.

Tuesday night after I dropped my wife off at the airport my friends and I headed to the Ouray Wildlife refuge for some extended Elk archery hunting. Got to camp around 3AM and in bed by 4AM.

Woke up Wednesday morning to go spot some Elk on the refuge and the DNR officer pulled up and told us the refuge was closed due to our wonderful government shutdown. He was really awesome about it though and actually went really far out of his way to help point us towards some land we could maybe hunt.

After spotting some sweet BLM land and not seeing anything we decided to come back to it in the morning. In between the BLM land and the Green River is a strip of private land which we were pretty much right on the edge of. After sitting down for about 15 minutes a maroon Toyota Tundra came flying up the private land honking his horn the entire way. He finally drove up to about 500 yards from us and out steps Duck Dynasty times two, these guys had crazy long beards and the one guy had a budweiser in his hand. So they started yelling at us and telling us it was private land which we reminded him that we were in fact on BLM. At one point the driver of the truck(Tom) told us he was going to shoot us from down there. Then he said "If you want to F'n hunt come down here and talk to me " Dwayne and I look at each other and say why the hell not lets go talk to him.

So we hop back into the the truck and drive back to the spot where our other friends are sitting and head down this crazy stupid steep cliff to get down and talk to them. Turns out these two are some of the craziest rednecks we've ever met and that's saying a lot they also turn out to be pretty cool. After we explain the situation to them about the refuge being closed Tom tells us we should just hunt his land and not worry about all that other BS.

We never did see any Elk, we caught a few catfish out of the Green River off of Tom's land and ended up moving camp to his land as well. Saturday night Tom his wife as well as the other guy Tattoo(yeah they call him Tattoo) I think his real name was Jim but he was reluctant to tell us and Tattoo's son John Wayne came out and partied with us. It was a pretty awesome night of just hanging out with some of the most down to earth redneck people you could ever meet in your life.

The greatest thing is now we also have a fantastic place to archery hunt deer. So next summer Dwayne and I are gonna go hang some tree stands and cut some shooting lanes and try to do out best at taking down the monster buck they call Cochise.

We are pretty sure that most people are so intimidated by these guys that they don't bother trying to ask them to hunt their land. In fact we were even warned about them by one of the Outfitters we talked to down there.

rholbrook

Be careful, be really careful. I have seen this story before. They are ZOMBIE lures trying to get you closer to the hive. You know what they say when something seems too good to be true.