Cops vs Cowboys shoot. September 20th

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
Every year my dad's cowboy action club puts on a Cops vs. Cowboys shoot. Just as the title implies, we shoot against each other.

For those that aren't familiar, cowboy action requires you to shoot single action firearms designed before 1900. We shoot two revolvers, a lever action rifle and a shotgun. The police will be using semi auto pistols (Glocks/1911's mostly), ar's mostly and a variety of shotguns.

The Springville Police department designs 1/2 of the stages and the Hobble Creek Wranglers design the other half. The score is your time. Misses are time added. Most targets are steel and it is a hoot to shoot. It's also pretty eye opening to see how fast you can shoot a single action weapon.

The shoot will be held Saturday September 20th at the Garth Killpack shooting range at the mouth of Hobble Creek Canyon. Shooting will start around 9:00am. All proceeds go to the Cystic Fibrosis foundation. If you want to shoot, watch or know any law enforcement that would like to shoot its a great time and I highly encourage it.

More information can be found here.

http://hcwranglers.netfirms.com/