Cordless impact wrench

kirk86CJ

I was wondering if anyone has experience with cordless impact wrenches. I use my cordless drill too much with sockets - I have a 5th wheel without electric jacks - I made a handle with a 3/4" bolt on the end, then use my cordless to turn it up or down - its too much for the drill. Dewalt has a combo kit that seems to be a pretty good deal, but the impact driver has a 1/4" shank - which seems silly. The good cordless impact drivers alone are about $300.00

Anybody have any opinions on the best one for the money?

Thanks
kirk

reddevil

'93 Cherokee
You would snap the shaft on your 1/4" to 1/2" adapter. The best route to go if you want to go cordless, and you already have a 18 V Dewalt battery would be http://cgi.ebay.com/DeWalt-DW059-1-...097262557QQcategoryZ71297QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem. The DW059 should have plenty of power.
If you don't already have a battery from a drill or something, a kit with a battery and charger is about $230 on ebay.
I personally would go with the Dewalt, because I have a bunch of Dewalt tools and batteries. If you don't already have a brand of cordless that you own, I would say go with the Dewalt or Milwaukee. I think for what your doing you will want one with a half inch drive for sure. You could also step up to more voltage, but it would cost alot more, and the 18 v should be good enough.

notajeep

Just me
I also have a snap on one that I have had for about 4 years. VERY handy to have on the trail and around the shop. Spins off lug nuts with no problems and good battery life still. I think that I paid about $300 back in the day with no batteries.
Dan

scramble this

Umm.. Where am I?
i have had the snap-on one for about five. i have not even tried to take care of it and it is still going strong.

I also have a snap on one that I have had for about 4 years. VERY handy to have on the trail and around the shop. Spins off lug nuts with no problems and good battery life still. I think that I paid about $300 back in the day with no batteries.
Dan

Agreed, i have had the snap-on 3/8 adn 1/2 for about 4 years and they are killer especially on the trail. However I just priced them out for my apprentice and the 3/8 is about $300 and the 1/2 is about $500. Spendy but worth the pennies

74highboy

all the guys at my work have the snap on ones they seem to be good im not sold on them yet but ill probly get one in the next year or 2