Coronavirus

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I’ve been very good about wearing masks and not making a fuss. I’ve done it to help support local businesses and keep the economy going. At this point with so many people vaccinated and many more getting it every day, I’m kinda to the point where if I have an option to go to place A and not wear a mask or place B that is still requiring masks. I’m not wearing one.
I totally get that, and respect that. If someone respectfully says "no thanks, we'll go elsewhere" if we ask them to put on a mask while walking to their table or going to the bathroom, that's totally fine and I have no beef with that. I just get so tired having to tell the same people 6 times to put it on and then get the argument about why they don't think they should have to. Where is that going to go?

I don't like putting on pants before going out either. But you don't hear me yelling about my constitutional right not to wear pants to the cashier at Dirty Ron's. I just wear dem pants and shut up about it.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
The decision, she said, comes from data that shows the city continues to experience high COVID-19 case rates and that COVID-19 vaccinations have been disproportionately distributed through the city's many neighborhoods. That's on top of ongoing threats of coronavirus variants.

"By the state's own standards, every part of Salt Lake City is still in the high rate of case incidences or very high rate," she explained.

I'll get the debate started :rofl: so clearly from her own words the masks are really helping a lot!
From the SEUHD weekly update. The numbers do not seem bad and they are classified as moderate.

COVID-19 Update: April 5, 2021
New Positive Cases in Past Four Days
Carbon: 10
Emery: 3
Grand: 16

3,285 Total Cases

Carbon County: 1,609 (1,550 recovered, 2 currently hospitalized, 53 total hospitalized, 15 deaths)
Emery County: 916 (882 recovered, 0 currently hospitalized, 22 total hospitalized, 9 deaths)
Grand County: 760 (720 recovered, 0 currently hospitalized, 24 total hospitalized, 3 deaths)

Current Level of Transmission
Carbon: Moderate
Emery: Moderate
Grand: Moderate

Visit https://www.seuhealth.com/covid-19 for more information.

Tebbsjeep

So I have a question for the business owners. Say all government restrictions are pulled, but there is still a fair amount of the public that demands you require masks. Do you cater to those demands, and for how long? What's your tipping point?

J-mobzz

I guess it seems for people that want to get vaccinated and have made an actual effort to do so have been. At least the first dose. So I could see business giving employees that are pro mask another month or so to finish the vaccination process but at some point we have to say enough is enough with the masks. If you want to wear one great. If you're worried about other people not wearing them get vaccinated.

Politically I'm pretty far left. Especially for a group like this. I just can't say I understand masks and limitations at this point when we have other options.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
So I have a question for the business owners. Say all government restrictions are pulled, but there is still a fair amount of the public that demands you require masks. Do you cater to those demands, and for how long? What's your tipping point?
Our plan if the mandate lifted 4/10, was to require until 5/01. All of our employees that want a vaccine will be 2 weeks or more out from their 2nd shot by then. At that point, if people want to wear a mask, it's their choice. If they don't, then that's their choice too. I actually haven't seen the health department's position on whether we have to require employees to wear masks or not after the official mandate is lifted. Regardless, I suspect many of my employees will wear them, but I don't plan to force them one way or the other.

I find it the same annoyance for people to try and 'cancel' or be assholes to businesses that elect not to require masks when it's not required. It's the same assholery. If someone doesn't want to come in because we don't require masks, that's perfectly understandable too. Just don't be a dick about it.

Noahfecks

El Destructo!
The real question to me is; does the vaccine work or not?

If you got vaccinated because you believe it works (and I believe it does), why would you need to continue wearing a mask? Why would you care if I do or not, regardless of my vaccination status?
In another 30 days, everyone who wanted a vaccine should have had access, so if you had the chance and chose not to, my mask weraing is no longer a threat to your health. You have chosen to accept the risk (and I respect your right to do so).

Houndoc

I have set in my own mind COVID levels in the community/state when I will feel comfortable allowing my business to return to normal (in person instead of curbside appointments.) Part of it is the simple fact that if I get sick (despite vaccinations, which are not 100%), then we are shut down for several weeks and no pets get care.

Politically I'm pretty far left. Especially for a group like this. I just can't say I understand masks and limitations at this point when we have other options.

We need to simply remember that until we reach a near herd-immunity level (we are probably 1/2 way there), a mix is still needed. Vaccines, social distancing and masks.

We have dealt with this for over a year now and there is hope in site. It seems pretty stupid to me to get impatient, let our guard down and not stick it out a few months longer to really get things under control.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
I've always said it is a right of the business to decide what has to be worn or not worn in their store. Pink shirt, red hat, and blue socks? Their right.

We went to Balanced rock diner in Helper Saturday. The mandate was over, but the servers still wore masks. "Would you prefer we wear masks?" I asked. 'Yes please" They said. We put a mask on for the 30 seconds it took to get to our seats, and the world continued to spin.

I have not understood the people who fight the employees over a company rule.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I know a couple of my accounts outside slc have had some bad reviews because they are still asking for masks. Then there is the shop on 9th and 9th that had to close because a person who refused to wear a mask threatened to come back an shoot everyone.

It's so lame. Just wear a mask or go somewhere else. Why try to do permanent harm to a small business over it?

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
I went to the gym this afternoon for the first time since this weekend and they had changed their sign to read "Masks recommended when not working out". I was there to work out, so I didn't put on a mask. Cool.
Then I stopped at Harmon's on the way home, their sign still says "Masks required to enter store." So I put a mask on, bought a few things and took it off when I left. Easy.

Tebbsjeep

I generally don't wear one until asked to. But I'm not a dick about it if I'm asked to put one on. My theory is that if companies see more customers being comfortable without masks, the sooner the signs/regs will go away. We went to dinner Saturday night, and had another patron say "rebels!" while giving us a thumbs up. We got a chuckle from that one.