Coronavirus

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
You aren't a corporate employee, you're a transportation employee! ;)
Mostly, yes. We are part of management in some difficult to describe way. The reality is that it's gonna be difficult to get the freight off the trailers when people start walking out on the job. We're already hearing about that happening in local stores since this came out.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
We have been so far kind of left alone re: masks and/or vaccines, but my corporate overlords are Canadian. Pretty much the entire yard staff views any corporate mandates as resignation letters. We are socially distanced and generally not indoors or within 10' of each other. Several of us have had COVID, all outside high-risk groups, and our 3 cancer patients have said many times that they also refuse to be all that concerned.

Federal mandates are looking likely, and as idiotically myopic as ever. I'm learning "Get off my country" in Chinese and maybe Pashto or something, and how to field strip AK47s, just in case, because nothing this administration is doing is increasing our security.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
I decided to go get the shot. I got my first one last night. No one prepared me for how bad my arm was going to hurt. I can hardly lift it up to my keyboard to type. I am not sure if the feller that gave me the shot did a bad job, or if maybe my microchip is sitting sideways. Either way, ouch.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
I decided to go get the shot. I got my first one last night. No one prepared me for how bad my arm was going to hurt. I can hardly lift it up to my keyboard to type. I am not sure if the feller that gave me the shot did a bad job, or if maybe my microchip is sitting sideways. Either way, ouch.
Must be the AMD chip instead of the Intel one. Just use magnet to move the chip into a more comfortable place and you'll be fine. :p

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
My corporate overlords sent a sitewide email stating, "we are engineers and we use data. We know the vaccines work." Next paragraph, " We have a site culture of safety and not letting anyone work unsafe. If you are unvaccinated and you can be, you are putting the lives of your coworkers and their families at risk and that is unacceptable. "

It baffles me that highly intelligent people can say, vaccines work and if you don't get one, you could potentially kill the people who did.

About those black market vaccination cards, where would a person find one. Asking for a friend.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I just had a buddy tell me that out of the 14 people he just went to Mexico with, 3 of them popped for covid on the test to come home. They just bought a positive test slip from the place and traveled home anyway. I guess they they were caughing all trip... Never wore a mask or anything... Then knowingly got crammed into a plane to come home.

All invaccinated if it matters.

Just annoys me.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
My buddy's buddies.

I'm not saying all or even the majority of people are like this, but it's not surprising that someone who doesn't get the vaccine, is also unwilling to quarantine themselves to help prevent further spread in the community. Only concerned with themselves.

ID Bronco

My buddy's buddies.

I'm not saying all or even the majority of people are like this, but it's not surprising that someone who doesn't get the vaccine, is also unwilling to quarantine themselves to help prevent further spread in the community. Only concerned with themselves.

That's a pretty broad brush.

5000 people coming across the southern border every day, no tests, mostly or nearly all unvaccinated, we don't even turn them back if they do test positive, we send them in. And we are beside ourselves when a fellow countrymen makes an individual choice that may be well rooted in science/risk/reward/health history, ect.

Hypocrisy is everywhere but common sense doesn't change societies, it doesn't fundamentally change America so who needs it?

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
That's a pretty broad brush.

5000 people coming across the southern border every day, no tests, mostly or nearly all unvaccinated, we don't even turn them back if they do test positive, we send them in. And we are beside ourselves when a fellow countrymen makes an individual choice that may be well rooted in science/risk/reward/health history, ect.

Hypocrisy is everywhere but common sense doesn't change societies, it doesn't fundamentally change America so who needs it?
Yes, which is why I prefaced that statement. And yes, hypocrisy is everywhere. One can criticize one group for trying to force their ideals and beliefs upon others, while simultaneously being a part of a group that forces their ideals and beliefs on others. Thankfully for all of us, many people that align with parts of these groups, don't necessarily participate in the dissemination of those beliefs.

But also, for those 5000 coming across the border, 5022.5 are going the other way. Mexico really should close the border before we overload their underdeveloped infrastructure.

But let me ask you this. If a gentleman boarded wooden submarine to make a 344 day journey to America and said, hey I just tested positive for covid, would you be cool with them sitting next to you? Sound science and health history and all.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
But let me ask you this. If a gentleman boarded wooden submarine to make a 344 day journey to America and said, hey I just tested positive for covid, would you be cool with them sitting next to you? Sound science and health history and all.
Yes, because according to the high and holy cdc the pcr tests aren't accurate anyways. Chances are that plane might crash too.