Coronavirus

Bart

My son-in-law had the wiped out thing on his second Moderna shot, but it was gone in 24 hours. Our second Pfizer didn't phase me at all, nor my wife.

xjtony

I'm sure that having no, or mild, symptoms is probably much more common than not. Just curious but those that have had a fairly severe reaction, did you have a confirmed COVID infection at any point? With the people I've talked to it seems like it is more severe if you have natural antibodies. At the moment my BP is outta control and my resting heart rate is still low (for me).

Pike2350

I'm sure that having no, or mild, symptoms is probably much more common than not. Just curious but those that have had a fairly severe reaction, did you have a confirmed COVID infection at any point? With the people I've talked to it seems like it is more severe if you have natural antibodies. At the moment my BP is outta control and my resting heart rate is still low (for me).
I had Covid in late January and got the 1st shot of Pfizer in late April (approx. 90 day mark) I didn't have any reaction to either shot. My arm was sore at the shot location, like I had been given a dead arm, but only on the 1st. The 2nd shot did nothing to me. No fatigue, no soreness, nothing.
My wife was given Covid by me and she received the J&J shot in May (had surgery to heal from, so she waited) She never had any adverse affects either.

It amazes me how so many people have such varying degrees of reactions to both the virus itself and the vaccine.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
I had Covid in late January and got the 1st shot of Pfizer in late April (approx. 90 day mark) I didn't have any reaction to either shot. My arm was sore at the shot location, like I had been given a dead arm, but only on the 1st. The 2nd shot did nothing to me. No fatigue, no soreness, nothing. My wife was given Covid by me and she received the J&J shot in May (had surgery to heal from, so she waited) She never had any adverse affects either. It amazes me how so many people have such varying degrees of reactions to both the virus itself and the vaccine.
Genetics have a lot to do with immune response to natural and man made exposure.

DesertRam

Tony, as far as I know, I have not had COVID. Way back in February 2020 an illness ran through the kids - all three got it to some degree and all tested negative for flu and strep. Could have been COVID, as they had all the "right" symptoms, but it was before COVID was the thing, so no testing. The wife and I never had symptoms. That was a well over a year before my shots though.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I had no reaction to either Pfizer (other than a sore arm, which I've noticed every time I've received any shot in my massive meat-head arms). My 69 y/o mother had Moderna and no issues on either.

Neither of us have any reason to suspect a previous infection.

My 3 year old's daycare got shut down for a week for covid. When we took the little meatball to get the nose swab, he knew something was coming for a hole, but he wasn't sure which one. He frantically toggled between covering mouth, nose, ears, penis with his hands only to settle on mouth and penis. He was super bummed when they went for his wide open nose. I hate when I choose wrong too little homie.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
I have a mild heart condition (a-fib) that I take meds for several times a week, as needed. I've been waiting for full FDA approval to get vaccinated. Now that it's here I was going to get it done. Now I'm not so sure. Are the heart complications based on BP issues only, or heart issues in general? My a-fib can put me on the edge of passing out, although I never have, and resting heart rates at over 180, but bounces all over the place.

I had covid last November and it was basically a mild flu for me that lasted two days.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I would consult your doc obviously, but my taproom manager has a significant heart condition and he didn't have issues with the vaccine. I'll ask him which one.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
I have a mild heart condition (a-fib) that I take meds for several times a week, as needed. I've been waiting for full FDA approval to get vaccinated. Now that it's here I was going to get it done. Now I'm not so sure. Are the heart complications based on BP issues only, or heart issues in general? My a-fib can put me on the edge of passing out, although I never have, and resting heart rates at over 180, but bounces all over the place.

I had covid last November and it was basically a mild flu for me that lasted two days.
If you had it, are you not comfortable with the natural immunity you have developed?

DaveB

Long Jeep Fan
My daughter just lost a friend yesterday to Covid. She tried to get him to get the vaccine but he claimed he was healthy and didn't need to worry. Unfortunately she went to his place to console his daughter and now she has to quarantine and stay away from my wife who just wrapped up chemo this spring.. I'm really tired of all this.

85CUCVKRAWLER

Just FYI the Pfizer "approval" is for a different drug, not the vaccine they would give you. The FDA approved a drug called "COMIRNATY", which is not available in the USA. The current Pfizer vaccine is called "Pfizer-BioNTech". The FDA approval letter claims they are interchangeable while at the same time state they are two totally different drugs.

Its all very, very sleazy.

Dont believe me? Here is the FDA fact sheet

https://www.fda.gov/media/144414/download

The FDA-approved COMIRNATY (COVID-19 Vaccine, mRNA) and the FDA-authorized Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine under Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) have the same formulation and can be used interchangeably to provide the COVID-19 vaccination series.[1] COMIRNATY (COVID-19 Vaccine, mRNA) is an FDA-approved COVID-19 vaccine made by Pfizer for BioNTech. • It is approved as a 2-dose series for prevention of COVID-19 in individuals 16 years of age and older. • It is also authorized under EUA to be administered to: o prevent COVID-19 in individuals 12 through 15 years, and o provide a third dose to individuals 12 years of age and older who have been determined to have certain kinds of immunocompromise.

The Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine has received EUA from FDA to: • prevent COVID-19 in individuals 12 years of age and older, and • provide a third dose to individuals 12 years of age and older who have been determined to have certain kinds of immunocompromise.

Dont believe me? Here is the FDA fact sheet

https://www.fda.gov/media/144414/download
That is a bit of a stretch. COMIRNATY is the marketing name for the same vaccine.

From the FDA document you linked, they acknowledge this:
"The licensed vaccine has the same formulation as the EUA-authorized vaccine and the products can be used interchangeably to provide the vaccination series without presenting any safety or effectiveness concerns. The products are legally distinct with certain differences that do not impact safety or effectiveness"

85CUCVKRAWLER

That is a bit of a stretch. COMIRNATY is the marketing name for the same vaccine.

From the FDA document you linked, they acknowledge this:
"The licensed vaccine has the same formulation as the EUA-authorized vaccine and the products can be used interchangeably to provide the vaccination series without presenting any safety or effectiveness concerns. The products are legally distinct with certain differences that do not impact safety or effectiveness"

Ok sure.

Then why isnt Pfizer-BioNTech fully approved? Thats the drug they will give you when you go down to get your Pfizer shot.

If Pfizer-BioNTech and COMIRNATY are they "same" then why arent they both fully approved?

Ok sure.

Then why isnt Pfizer-BioNTech fully approved? Thats the drug they will give you when you go down to get your Pfizer shot.

If Pfizer-BioNTech and COMIRNATY are they "same" then why arent they both fully approved?
I guess you are looking for something that I'm not searching for. I'm not sure what is confusing about this statement from the FDA:
"the products can be used interchangeably to provide the vaccination series without presenting any safety or effectiveness concerns"

If you simply don't trust the FDA, I get it, but I don't think anything in this discussion is going to help with that.