Coronavirus

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Well sad news. My grandma is unresponsive again. I went to see her today with my kids to say goodbye. Based on what I saw at our visit, imo she'll likely not make it till tomorrow.
Really sorry to hear man. I wish the best for her and your family.

xjtony

I've got my exemption turned in. My company decided to make it as complicated as possible and made us submit an ADA worksheet as if this is a disability issue. My doctor filled out all 6 pages of it and now its under review from corporate. By going the route they have I am now protected by the ADA act (especially as there are no concessions needed for me to do my job). Its amazing to see an "expert" in HR get nervous because that fact never even crossed their minds. They are baiting people with religious exemptions as well. Our HR director got great joy out of explaining that they were getting people to fill out a form that means nothing and that wont be approved. The further this goes the more it seems like my employment will possibly end in a lawsuit.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
So @Greg is there any validity to this, I work in signal and the employees I’m around say this is not legitimate.

The company has changed their approach, not sure if you saw the most recent email and update that came out on Friday. It seems like now there is not a hard deadline set, but they're still wanting people to get vaccinated. If you don't, the company is going to interview you and determine whether or not they will medically disqualify you at that point.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
I mentioned in my last update that I scheduled the heart procedure to hopefully fix my heart and take any stress off it that a vaccine may cause. I had to go into work and cancel my vacation time over Christmas and change it out for the week of Thanksgiving. This was odd to my boss as I always take Christmas week off. I explained my situation to him....but shouldn't have. I said getting this procedure done will lessen the effects of the vaccine on my heart, if I end up having to get it.

This morning an unvaccinated coworker came up to me and asked if I was ok. I said "what"? He told me that our boss just told him that I was getting a heart procedure done specifically so that I will be healthy enough to get the vaccine, and that if I can do it so could he. The boss then told that employee that he had scheduled him an appointment to get the vaccine.

Why is my boss talking to others (and misinforming them) about my medical situation? It's not cool and likely illegal.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
The only medical condition I think is appropriate to talk about in front of other employees is the Ginge. I mean, you can't hide your Ginge from other people (or the sun) so it should be fair game. I had two of them once and they tried to unionize on me. I squashed that shit.

Also, there is a small bit of irony in taking an entire tote full of non FDA approved supplements in order to avoid taking a non FDA approved vaccine.

Ha ha, wouldn't that be the biggest curve ball? If this was all a guise by Big Supp to get people to buy more of their non-regulated compounded products? Q herself couldn't even see that coming. Or himself if you prefer the reference to point to the God-like Star Trek character. That would probably track better...you know, space lasers and all. He seemed Italian.

Last edited:

xjtony

I mentioned in my last update that I scheduled the heart procedure to hopefully fix my heart and take any stress off it that a vaccine may cause. I had to go into work and cancel my vacation time over Christmas and change it out for the week of Thanksgiving. This was odd to my boss as I always take Christmas week off. I explained my situation to him....but shouldn't have. I said getting this procedure done will lessen the effects of the vaccine on my heart, if I end up having to get it.

This morning an unvaccinated coworker came up to me and asked if I was ok. I said "what"? He told me that our boss just told him that I was getting a heart procedure done specifically so that I will be healthy enough to get the vaccine, and that if I can do it so could he. The boss then told that employee that he had scheduled him an appointment to get the vaccine.

Why is my boss talking to others (and misinforming them) about my medical situation? It's not cool and likely illegal.
This is a PHI violation. Vaccine status is not protected, but your heart condition is. Technically you didn't even need to discus it with your boss, but him discussing your medical information with another employee is a clear violation and should be addressed with an HR representative.

Edited to correct my wandering brain from scrambling government acronyms

Last edited:

ID Bronco

Total B.S. - I'd take some sort of action on this.

xjtony

Total B.S. - I'd take some sort of action on this.
This is how we start down this slippery slope. The person in question seems to feel that they have the right to dictate medical care to employees. I would say that even scheduling a vaccine appointment for someone who did not ask for that help is an overreach and probably should be addressed.

Homefryy

This is a HIPPA violation. Vaccine status is not protected, but your heart condition is. Technically you didn't even need to discus it with your boss, but him discussing your medical information with another employee is a clear violation and should be addressed with an HR representative.

HIPAA only applies to healthcare providers with access to your personal health information. It doesn't apply to your boss, HR, coworker, friend, etc...
If you disclose personal health information to a 3rd party not bound by HIPAA they can legally share if with whoever they want.

This situation may not violate any laws but hopefully the company has internal policies that it violates and HR can do something about it. Its not illegal but its not right.

xjtony

HIPAA only applies to healthcare providers with access to your personal health information. It doesn't apply to your boss, HR, coworker, friend, etc...
If you disclose personal health information to a 3rd party not bound by HIPAA they can legally share if with whoever they want.

This situation may not violate any laws but hopefully the company has internal policies that it violates and HR can do something about it. Its not illegal but its not right.
You are totally correct Homefryy, and I apologize. This information would not be covered under HIPPA, but it should protected under PHI (Protected Health information) and possibly the 2010 Equality act. Discussing PHI with another employee without a clear need to know, by an uncleared individual, would be akin to giving them your SSN or other protected Personal Identifiable Information. I would say that most info we discuss in this thread should be verified by professionals :D

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Also, there is a small bit of irony in taking an entire tote full of non FDA approved supplements in order to avoid taking a non FDA approved vaccine.
Which vaccine is it that is FDA approved?

The fact that the FDA does not regulate vitamins does not make them useless or harmful. The FDA is not exactly the pinnacle of science, after all.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member

I would be beyond pissed over this.