Coronavirus

jackjoh

Jack - KC6NAR
Supporting Member
Elevated heart rate and low SpO2 is no joke.

Elevated heart rate and low SpO2 is no joke.
At 91 I totally agree. being lucky the oxygen is only at night time and I still drive. I was born in 1930 Kansas City, Kansas and at 5 years old rode in my Uncle Bird Waddell's 1930 Ford Coupe rumble seat in the rain. It was amazing how few drops hit my sister Mary and me at Speed (25mph). Hang in there you are doing the right things.

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
Here I sit on Day 8 since my positive test result.

Last Monday evening at work, I began getting a headache. This is nothing new--I'm prone to getting headaches--so I took some Advil and met with my next customer. That kept the ache mostly at bay for the rest of the evening. The next morning, the headache was stronger and now accompanied by a wicked head cold--lots of congestion and sinus pressure. I called in sick. Even thought I had none of the classic symptoms (fever, loss of taste, body aches, weakness, shortness of breath, etc), the GSM urged me to go get a Covid test anyway. At 7pm that evening, I received my positive result. Great.

I spent the rest of last week just sitting at home on the couch all day. I'll say Wednesday and Thursday were my two worst days just because the sinus pressure seemed to spike then, but I've been steadily improving since Friday. I had been taking some OTC medication each day, but Friday was the last day for that and I've still been improving without it.

I'm supposed to be able to return to work on Thursday.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
I thought maybe I had it last week as I had lots of aches in joints and muscles, but I definitely had difficulty taking a full breath. I got a negative result from my test, but still had to quarantine for 10 days. I feel totally fine now, but that breathing issue had me worried.
So here we are a few weeks later and my wife tested positive, so now I have to quarantine again. We're kinda wondering if I did actually have the virus and passed it on to her. I may take an antibody test in the next few days just to see.

Her symptoms aren't terrible, so we were both kind of surprised that it came back positive. We've both taken the saliva tests, as they are supposed to be more accurate.

I should go out and work in the garage, but it's real actual cold outside. I'm sad that I can't go sample Cody's new Stout today. 😢

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
View attachment 143832

They literally have no idea.

And... no solution for immunization of obese people as studies continue to show as does the real-world number of vaccinated obese people who contract covid or show no immunity after the vx.
Does the vaccine or the booster actually immunize anyone? Last I heard (KSL article) the shots weren't doing anything to stop the spread, just a potential to lessen the impact once you do get covid.